- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
Out Of All Your Material Possessions, What Would You Be Willing To Part With?
It's Not So Easy Giving Up
What Could You Go Without?
Have you ever wondered what your life would be like if you did not have the luxury or tech stuff we are bombarded with everyday? What if you had no remote control for your television set?You would have to get up of that comfy sofa and change the channel manually every single time you wanted to watch something. You would definitely not have a weight problem. Your choice of programming might change dramatically You might end up watching one little channel for a very long time, especially if you didn't feel like getting up to switch the channel. Your couch would last a lifetime.
What if you did not have a cell phone? How in the world did people live without cell phones? Every time you wanted to talk or to text someone you would have to search out a phone booth. Imagine the privacy you would have? In a little booth all by yourself. Imagine that. No instant gratification there. Would you be willing to chuck that cell phone? I mean these little gems are not just for talking anymore.
Do you really need that?
What if there were no such thing as a computer. You would have to do research the hard way. Going to the library, actually talking to real people face to face. Digging through magazine after magazine for content. No Google AdWords to encourage you to write about the hottest topic. You would be friendless, have no one to follow, you would have to fill the eight hours of computer time with real life things like reading a magazine or newspaper. You would have to do actual legwork to create a story. Research without computers takes on a whole new meaning doesn't it?
How about a digital camera, you get to see the mistakes you made and correct them right away. No waiting 2-3 days for the film to develop, with nothing but blurred and crappy shots you have no use for. You aren't stuck losing the best shot of your life because you ran out of film. A digital camera does so much more than a film camera. It can be easier to use, just turn it on and shoot. No trying to load film to get that perfect shot. Self adjusting focus, it does all the work for you. Can you give up your digital camera? Probably, because now we have great camera's on our cell phones.
Imagine having to walk into a restaurant to get your food. You would have to actually sit down and enjoy your food. If there were no drive up windows a lot of people would be going hungry. You would have to actually pack your lunch to take to work with you. How awful would that be? No super size for you.
With all these comforts we have, what would you be willing to give up? I thought about this good and hard and decided on three things I would be willing to give up. If you could give up just three things, what would they be?
Pick Your Three Things
What would you give up?
1. My Computer - Because I can live without it. I love it and it has been a life saver, but it can go. I can use my phone for pretty much everything a computer can do. It might be hard, but I think I could do it.
2. Cable TV - No big deal here. I like having cable but can do without it. Even if I got two channels that would be fine. Plus with all the streaming media devices, who needs cable TV? There is not anything on I cannot watch on the internet or through a streaming device like Xbox, Wii or even a Roku. Big fat NO on the Wi-Fi. I am keeping that.
3. My Bed - Maybe I have been sleeping on a dilapidated bed to long, but this I can deal with. Throw a bunch of fluffy stuff on the floor and it’s all good. Having a nice bed is a comfort many would not be without. But pretending you are camping out. Really? Yeah I think going without a bed is pretty doable.
As much as I love these things, they are the ones I think I can manage without. I have always had them so going without them may be a hardship, but ones I could live without. For awhile anyway...
Hubs You Might Enjoy
- 23 Fascinating Facts About Your Cat
Are you are a devoted cat lover like me, and curious about the little marvels your cat does? I have listed 23 fascinating facts about the awesomeness of cats. Little known tidbits just for you.
- 27 Ways To Beat Boredom
A fun list of 27 great ideas to beat boredom. The list is family friendly and fun for just about anyone. Take a look at these boredom breakers.
- The Lowdown On Your Cats Litter Box Location
Finding the perfect location for your litter box is not always an easy task. But setting up a place that makes you and your cat happy does not have to be an impossible task.