Watch Dogs Walkthrough, Part Fourteen: One Foot in the Grave
Aiden is taking a rather roundabout route in locating his sister, despite his seeming urgency, and perhaps part of that stems from his desire to maintain contact with Clara. He needs all the friends he can get right now - and this one appears to have a lead on a rather juicy ctOS getaway that's hiding beneath the noses of, well, everyone. Before Aiden and Clara can infiltrate the place, however, they'll have to go looking for a fidgety dude with some personality issues.
One Foot in the Grave
Location: Southern Bridge, The Loop
Prerequisite(s): Complete Collateral
- Finish up Collateral and you'll unlock a waypoint far to the south in The Loop. wait for Damien to give you a call, then make way to this new waypoint.
- The waypoint appears on the map as being in the water, at least from a distance. Don't be fooled - it's on a small stretch of land extending out from beneath the freeway. Get off the freeway to reach it.
- Once you trigger the mission you'll get a little cut scene describing your next destination. After it's done you'll be set free with the objective of finding access to a nearby bridge.
- Pull out your Profiler and look to your left. There's an HDD camera attached to an enclosure. Hack it for a shot of the bridge during the day. You'll see a man named Tobias Frewer on the footage. Clara will lead you to his hideout, beneath the freeway...
- ... buuuut he's not home. You'll need to canvas the local hobos to see if one knows where he's gone. Pull out the Profiler again and have a look around.
- There's a shack on your right as you walk east containing a System Key you can hack. Keep walking past this shack...
- ... and you'll see a dude on his phone. Hack the phone to hear from Frewer. Unfortunately, he's now in trouble thanks to a bunch of Fixers. Run to the road beneath the bridge, grab a car, and set off in pursuit.
- The path the Fixer car is following is up and to the left, largely along the freeway. If you're remarkably fast you can close a bridge along the route and stop the Fixer before he really gets anywhere. If you're relatively fast you can use a steam pipe near the entrance to the freeway to take him out. Otherwise you'll just have to keep an eye on him and either ram him into subjugation or use one of the later steam pipes on the freeway. He has backup, so be prepared to run or fight after he's dead. The residential streets on the other side of the freeway are great for losing pursuit.
- Once the Fixers are out of the picture, head to the new waypoint on your map. It's in the north of Parker Square. Your destination is a small house on a normal street. There are a few guys standing around the entrance whom you can hack for items.
- Descend into the basement and sit down for a game of Low-Stakes Poker. You needn't know anything about Poker, don't worry...
- ... as Aiden will goad Tobias into fleeing the scene. You need to chase him through the neighbourhood and tackle him down. This is a little trickier than it looks at first, for three reasons:
1.) The basement you start in is really dark. It's very easy to get turned around while Tobias is escaping. Don't swerve too much - you're more or less oriented as you need to be from the start.
2.) You can't really hurt Tobias, or at the very least it's not recommended. Killing him will botch the mission. There are occasional steam pipes which you can burst to slow Tobias down, but you primarily need to engage in a straight-on chase.
3.) Occasionally, strange things will happen. Tobias has a gun, and he'll either take potshots at you or shoot at objects which may explode. Not cool, Tobias. There isn't much you can do about this other than staying close on his heels - he seems less likely to turn around if you're nearby.
- Once you catch Tobias you'll prompt a cut scene, and when that's done the mission will end successfully. A new one, A Blank Spot There-Ish, will appear on your map. You can also purchase items from Tobias' shop from now on, back where you first tried to track him down.