Fallen Sword - A Free Web Based MMORPG
Play Fallen Sword
Fallen Sword is a free massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG). In the game you battle fierce creatures and other players to gain experience, gold and better gear as you travel through the many locations.
All you need to play is an internet connection and a web browser. There are over 4,400,000 registered players in Fallen Sword and all players are ranked daily so you can see how you match up against other gamers.
Warning: This game is addictive.
Features of the Game
Fallen Sword has a lot of features to keep the game fun and interesting. Here are a few of the key ones...
- No Ads - Fallen Sword is free and doesn't fill up your browser with ads.
- Auction Engine - You can buy or sell any item via the in game auction house. It includes a buy it now feature and the ability to search for items by category and/or level.
- Quests - While moving through the game, you may encounter a quest giver who tasks you with a mission in exchange for unknown rewards.
- Secure Trades - You can swap items or currency with any other player in the game.
- Chat - You can send messages to any player in the game. If you are a member of a guild, there is also a guild chat feature to chat with all other members.
- Guilds - Your guild will gain experience as its members do. Guild experience and any gold contributed by members can be used to maintain structures that enhance the fighting statistics of all members. Guilds can fight one another to control relics that also increase member stats and the guild's ranking.
- Bounty Board - You can place a bounty on the head of any player who has attacked you. Or, you can play bounty hunter and try to collect the rewards.
- Lottery - The game offers daily lotteries for the chance to win gold.
In Game Currency
There are two currencies within the game: gold and FallenSword Points (FSPs).
Gold is earned by attacking creatures or other players and stealing their gold if you are victorious. You can also earn gold by selling items in the auction house and you earn a small allowance hourly. Gold is used to buy and maintain items or guild structures.
FSPs are used to purchase upgrades to your character such as extra backpack slots, increase stamina, etc. They can also be used to purchase items in the auction house. FSPs are obtained by selling items in the auction house, selling gold directly to another player, purchasing for USD from the game, recruiting new players or participating in one of the free affiliate surveys.
Fallen Sword is...
Top 5 Tips For New Players
- Build Up Your Attack and Damage Levels - You earn level points every time you gain enough experience to level up. Apply these points to your Attack and Damage characteristics. Those will help you the most. It's doubtful anyone will attack you early on (unless you make enemies easily) so don't spend them on Defense or Armor at this point.
- Join A Guild - There are many advantages to joining a guild in this game. You can get increases to your statistics, more experienced members may pass you their old items and you can start or join an attack group. Check out the Guilds section of the Fallensword forums for more info on choosing a guild.
- Look for Bargains in the Auction House - You won't have a lot of gold so shop around before spending it. You can click the Search Preferences link below the auction search field to limit your searching to specific levels of items.
- Attack Higher Level Players - Remember that you can attack any player within +/-5 of your level. What matters is your attack/damage stats against their defense/armor stats. You can steal more gold from a player that is a higher level than you.
- Bank Your Gold - Your gold is safe in the bank, but you can only deposit gold into your account once per day. Make a deposit once you get a big stash or before attacking a new creature. You get unlimited withdrawals so the gold will be available when you need it.
Other Browser Based RPGs
Developed by the same studio that brought you Fallen Sword, this free MMORPG is set in a high tech apocalyptic world. Similar to FS with some cool differences.
- Thorns of War
Thorns of War is a combination MUD and RPG that is free and browser based. Join one of two races competing for economic and military control of The Gelod. Nearly everything in the game is built by players.
Travian is a popular browser based MMO. Build your simple village into a powerful stronghold, form alliances, raid your enemies and compete to build a world wonder before the end of the game.
- Urban Dead
Urban Dead is a free-to-play browser-based multi-player game where you play the survivor or victim of a zombie outbreak in a quarantined city alongside tens of thousands of others.
- Kings of Chaos
You are in command of an army of either humans, elves, dwarves or orcs. The aim of the game is to strengthen your army to attack enemy warlords and take their gold!
Have you tried Fallen Sword? What do you think of it?