jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Is Call of Duty luck or skill?

1. Tim-- profile image56
    Tim--posted 8 years ago

Is Call of Duty luck or skill?

2. lender3212000 profile image73
    lender3212000posted 8 years ago

I'm going to assume you are talking about the online, multi-player version here. I've seen people get lucky plenty of times but if you want to be good over a period of time, it definitely requires some skill. Those who are lucky at first are almost eventually exposed when put to the test enough times.

3. rubienb profile image52
    rubienbposted 8 years ago

I think its more of skill and experience, but if you get lucky, you may get a round with all newbies. =]

4. Dorn profile image59
    Dornposted 8 years ago

Call of duty can be a little of both. I have played the last three online extensively, 10th prestige on all three, and Sure sometimes it is luck for some people. But ultimately it comes down to skill and how much you play. If you know what you are doing, then it is a lot easier to get kills and win games and if you don't, then everything you do will be luck. It just depends on a person to person basis.

5. eli grey profile image59
    eli greyposted 8 years ago

It's a video game so it's both. Players who stay at it for hours on end can own it up to skill but an amatuer can call it luck. Call of Duty is however highly overrated. Play Battlefield Bad Company one or two just to change it up a bit.

6. soheilr profile image60
    soheilrposted 7 years ago

skill
    with skill your kill rate is 5 for every 7 times you die
    luck is you have a kill rate of 1 for every 50 times you die

7. Mikeydoes profile image74
    Mikeydoesposted 7 years ago

In MW2 there is definetely luck involved at times, mainly because they made a game with crappy spawns and instant spawn deaths.

But other than that it does take skill to be good.

Skill is how you get good and that includes learning the map, knowing the spots and mastering several guns that do a range of things. Luck isn't really a part of the game, however it was one of the worst shooting games I have ever played.

8. Carlos Catatonia profile image64
    Carlos Catatoniaposted 6 years ago

How dare you ask such a thing. Call of Duty is a lifestyle. It's all about intuition. If you can predict human behavior and acknowledge patten-like behavior you will be successful in this game. It's not luck it's skill and practice and blood and sweat and tears.

9. Wolfen McGunz profile image59
    Wolfen McGunzposted 5 years ago

I'm wanting to write an article on this soon, but it does require skill. However people think racing to have the highest kill count is skill vs. Kill/death ratio - that is the best way to measure skill - not score per minute (At least not entirely).

working