jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is the rating on a video game gospel for u, or do you take into account the matu

1. queue71 profile image50
    queue71posted 6 years ago

Is the rating on a video game gospel for u, or do you take into account the maturity of your child?

2. OutsideTheLines profile image60
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

I think the more important factor is the cause of the rating. Kids hear language all the time. Gore and nudity are a little bigger of an issue.

3. Abzolution profile image60
    Abzolutionposted 6 years ago

No game can give every detail of it's contents on the back of the box. If you are worried about a game then why not try hiring it and playing it yourself before letting your child play it, or playing the game with your child.
       And don't forget that games cannot be completely moderated online. If your child plays online then other players can be rude, lewd and very bullying. Stop your child from playing if they become upset by other players.

4. OldSkoolFool profile image61
    OldSkoolFoolposted 6 years ago

No, video game ratings are retarded. When I was a kid there was no such thing. I played with all black capguns, I didn't have a family lawyer and I didn't wait for the stoplight and some obnoxious bird sound to cross me through the street.

I had to use smart thinking and exercise taught caution and respect for things bigger and more badder than you.

Let's try asking the new Moms of America of what they think...oh wait., they will probably just read the box and heed the warnings. I guess it may be gospel.

"Praise the lord"

5. queue71 profile image50
    queue71posted 6 years ago

Once my kids started school i gave up trying to keep them away from games and tv shows that contained swearing and i soon learned that these words were water off a ducks back and had no affect on them at all. I also learned not to worry about game ratings as it was obvious they knew the difference between the game and reality.