jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is your favorite word game?

1. Matt in Jax profile image69
    Matt in Jaxposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite word game?

2. Blond Logic profile image97
    Blond Logicposted 6 years ago

It has to be Scrabble. I don't like to use the word addicted but my family and I play it over the internet against each other. I am in Brazil, and play against family in the USA and also in England. We all are big fans.

3. xethonxq profile image63
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

I'm partial to crossword puzzles myself. I like having them when I'm sitting in meetings...makes the time go faster. smile

4. hockeylady profile image59
    hockeyladyposted 6 years ago

I would have to say word search.  I have never played scrabble that much and as for crossword puzzles, the puzzles I usually like are the ones that are based on a certain topic (i.e. hockey).

5. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Reading through HP questions and trying to work out what some of the questioners are trying to ask in the abysmal English they sometimes use.  Second - crosswords.

6. Cardia profile image94
    Cardiaposted 6 years ago

I love word searches.
    I don't know an exact name for it, but basically, you take a long word or a phrase, and you try to see how many words you can make out of that word (maybe anagrams?). For example, I like using words and phrases like "Grantley Adams International Airport" or "Communications". It's pretty fun, and I've gotten better at it.

7. Alta5656 profile image73
    Alta5656posted 6 years ago

I play Scrabble Worldwide on Facebook. It's nice to play with unknown opponents from all over the world (excluding US and Canada).

8. Dolores Cole profile image37
    Dolores Coleposted 6 years ago

My favorite word games are find a word and flip a word.

9. ishwaryaa22 profile image87
    ishwaryaa22posted 6 years ago

I enjoy playing Scrabble. I remember as a kid that I often played this word-game with my cousins and young aunt. We had fun times indeed! The another favorite word game is '' Name, Place, Animal, Thing and Movie''. The latter game is that one player have to ask other player to start mentally thinking the alphabet order quite fast and then ask her/him to stop. If the other player pause at that alphabet( say M, he/she mention that alphabet (M) and the players write the name, place, animal, thing and movie. The first player will write these on his/her own: say, Mandy, Malaysia, Mouse, Mug and Mission Impossible. The other player will write on his/her own: say, Millie, Munich, Mongoose, Map and Mamma Mia. Though there are no winners in this word game yet who has finished first is considered more quick-minded than others in the chosen alphabet! I and my cousins had a blast playing this word-game.

10. JamesGrantSmith profile image59
    JamesGrantSmithposted 4 years ago

For classic word games I would have to say Scrabble, but modern day i would say i really like Words with Friends on iPhone.

working