Any tips for owning a candy vending machine?

1. profile image56
    lar and asrposted 6 years ago

Any tips for owning a candy vending machine?

I was thinking of buying one this summer for some extra money and of course just to be able to own a vending machine but I feel unprepared. I don't know what to look out for or how to start. I also am not sure where to buy so far amazon has had the best prices in new stuff but I am not sure if I am looking in the right places. I am considering writing a hub once I have a little experiance and more knowledge on the subject.

2. melodylewis80 profile image58
    melodylewis80posted 5 years ago

Are you considering a small single head or three head machine or are you thinking of like a large candy bar size machine? 

My husband and I used to have a three head machine that we placed at the place where I worked.  It paid for itself over time, and we made a few dollars profit  from it each month.  It had gumballs, Reece's and peanut M&M's.

We bought it at Sam's Warehouse. 

Eventually, it got destroyed during a flood (completely freaky random occurrence) but it taught us a few lessons.

It's a volume game.  You need multiple machines to make a consistent income. 

You will need to do the ground work for placing and stocking the machines. 

Be prepared for loss.  (Again where it comes into a multiple machine games).

We never did anymore, since we didn't have the time for the placement part of the process (our jobs didn't leave us with time during the week during business hours.) But it's a proven moneymaker, if you can do the groundwork.

working