jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you have a unique or hidden talent? How did you discover it?

1. DanaTeresa profile image83
    DanaTeresaposted 6 years ago

Do you have a unique or hidden talent? How did you discover it?

2. Ella Quirk profile image77
    Ella Quirkposted 6 years ago

I never thought I could sing. The trouble wasn't just a lack of confidence but rather that it never even occurred to me that I could sing, having always imagined that singing was something that just happened naturally and you either had it or you didn't. read more

3. profile image0
    melafxposted 6 years ago

I must say i am tallented art in drawing, i've discovered not by myself but with the of my parents and friends who told me i had a great eye for drawings. Since then i've been exploring my talent by trying to get my unique style, but i must confess it hasn't been easy due to fulltime work, which it cost me a lot of my time, leaving me to some few hours for week to deliver to my art.

4. remaniki profile image80
    remanikiposted 6 years ago

For several years I never realized that I had the ability to write well. Being a resident of a non-English speaking country, I used to think that I could never consider myself on par with native English speakers.

I am very grateful to a close friend of mine who asked for my help in writing content for his friend's website. I agreed to give it a try and did the work with a lot of interest and involvement.

Interestingly the person I did this work for was a native English speaker and I couldn't contain my joy when he appreciated my work and paid me well. Now he is a regular client of mine. That was my first writing assignment and with it began my work-from-home job as a freelance writer.

I do regret not realizing this earlier because, if I had, I wouldn't have struggled hard to retain my day job for several years, the principal reason being that I hated it. I am very passionate about writing and want to continue doing this for as long as possible.

5. profile image0
    Stressbustposted 6 years ago

I got pretty good at bboying (breakdancing). It was more of a learned talent than a hidden one, but all of my friends and family members, except for me, were really into dancing. And so they would constantly pressure me to start dancing also, but I didn't find any of the dances that they were doing as something  that I wanted to do. Around that same time I saw a Red bull program call bc one that featured breakdancers on it. Ever since, I have been practicing and going to jams to find other breakdancers. I've been doing it for 4 years now.