jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Apple joining the console gaming war is a terrible idea... right?

1. giftedwriter86 profile image66
    giftedwriter86posted 5 years ago

Apple joining the console gaming war is a terrible idea... right?

i feel that if apple tried this, it would be an epic fail. I dont feel like any one would take the idea seriously and I wanted to know how you guys felt about it

2. bmizon profile image61
    bmizonposted 5 years ago

They tried it before with the Apple Bandai Pippin and that failed badly. They should learn from past mistakes.

3. giftedwriter86 profile image66
    giftedwriter86posted 5 years ago

Wow. I didnt know that. Thanks for your answer. I read about it today on yahoo. I think they should stop while they still can!

4. SimeyC profile image96
    SimeyCposted 5 years ago

In a way they are already preparing for the future of console gaming. With the iPad they have a powerful tool; as the Tablet industry ramps up, you'll probably find that the console will become a thing of the past, and people will simply use their portable tablet as an Entertainement center that includes gaming.

This will be accelerated with the adoption of the cloud which will effectively allow for virtual console machines - so the combination of the tablet and cloud will probably lead to Apple's domination of the console!

5. j-u-i-c-e profile image95
    j-u-i-c-eposted 5 years ago

I think SimeyC has the answer. Apple doesn't need to create a console.

I don't think Tablets will replace consoles, though I wouldn't be surprised if they made hand-held consoles obsolete. Shelf-top console boxes already serve as entertainment centers for a lot of people and will increasingly replace stand-alone blu-ray players. With motion-sensing technology, waving your hand at the screen to navigate menus is effectively the same as touching the screen but without the drawbacks.

Games for consoles will just be increasingly geared toward big budget, blockbuster experiences or party games you share with your family and friends while hand-helds will appeal to more solo and network-styled games.

working