jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (15 posts)

What's the best game of all time?

1. Winterfate profile image97
    Winterfateposted 5 years ago

What's the best game of all time?

For me, it's personally The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past. It's one of the few games I can play even today and not get bored of it.

2. readwriteteach profile image59
    readwriteteachposted 5 years ago

I don't know if you're just refering to video games or not, but I think the best game of all time is a toss up between two board games: Scrabble, which promotes reading, writing and building of vocabulary and The Game of Life, which teaches responsibility - paying bills, planning for the future and counting money. While creating a learning experience, both of these games allow its players to have a lot of fun. Great games. Both my favorites.

1. Winterfate profile image97
      Winterfateposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I was thinking more about video games, but I left it open-ended so people could talk about all games in general, video or not.

Thanks for your answer! smile

3. ElizabethLauruel profile image58
    ElizabethLauruelposted 5 years ago

If you are just referring to video games, I love playing Kingdom Hearts! It's a psp 2 game and it's pretty old now, but it's so much fun.

4. M K Paul profile image76
    M K Paulposted 5 years ago

I feel the same for Age of Empire.I never feel bored with this game

5. Hypersapien profile image36
    Hypersapienposted 5 years ago

I don't know that I could name a single best game; my interests are too varied.  That said, for board games, Monoploy is probably the best.  Other non-board games that are lots of fine include Twister, Jenga and Uno.

For video and PC games, I like lots of different generes.  For instance, I love real-time strategy games like the Command & Conquer series.  I like role-playing games, too, like the Prince of Persia and God of War series.

In brief, I've yet to play the game that I would put on a pedestal above all others.

6. patrickrnoonan1 profile image59
    patrickrnoonan1posted 5 years ago

The best game of the year is a tie between, fall out 2 and fall out 2(fo2) (fo3). They are both very impressive.

7. Ironman1992 profile image61
    Ironman1992posted 5 years ago

My favorite game of all time is World of Warcraft, but my favorite console game is Uncharted 2.

8. csjblogs profile image61
    csjblogsposted 5 years ago

Mine would have to be fallout:3 it gave the player something that they did not experince before all in one: Rpg,first person shooter, and a deeply rich story line.

1. patrickrnoonan1 profile image59
      patrickrnoonan1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

That is very true. fo3 was a very new experience.

9. mandarmk9 profile image60
    mandarmk9posted 5 years ago

Taking the video game thing out of business, I just love playing soccer.
    Its my passion. It really feels great.  smile

10. reverieComposites profile image36
    reverieCompositesposted 5 years ago

Fable TLC. Hands down.

Its amazing because the storyline was one of the first (well executed) Good/Evil paradigms which actually made core differences to gameplay. Now tell me one game that doesn't use that nowadays!

11. jentaylorsc profile image60
    jentaylorscposted 5 years ago

One of my favorite computer games growing up was World of Warcraft II. If I could still play it on my PC I probably would. I still like to quote them..."Done building ship."

"We're being attacked!" lol

I don't play many video games now, but I do like to watch my husband play. He really enjoyed the God of War series.

12. Volitans profile image82
    Volitansposted 5 years ago

If we're talking PC/Video game, my favorite of all time is Allegiance. Little-known game from the turn of the century, hybrid RTS/space combat sim. Incredibly deep gameplay, decent graphics, one-of-a-kind concept. It died an early death after exploiters figured out how to make other players disconnect on command. That was eventually fixed, but it was too late.

For a non-video game, it has to be Go/. Very deep strategy game... I almost flunked out of college because of Go.

13. Djaak profile image36
    Djaakposted 5 years ago

I would have to say, for me it is Tony hawks pro skater 2. The best game ever and it is the reason I started skateboarding.