jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What will be the next "big thing" in video gaming? What genre?

1. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

What will be the next "big thing" in video gaming? What genre?

Video games often started with puzzle, then platforming. Then it was action/adventure RPGs. The ones we really remember now are the market-saturating FPS games. And before, music was the big thing. So what do you think will be "the next big thing"? Personally, I'd like to see platforming. But with the way Super Mario and Metroid games are being reproduced, I highly doubt it'll be a reality.

2. dannyhodge profile image78
    dannyhodgeposted 5 years ago

I think that with the success of games like Minecraft, this style of gaming will be incorporated into other genres - so that we can either see genres merge together, or maybe new genre's altogether. Specifically, the idea of playing games together cooperatively - instead of competitively, is something which seems to be doing well - and although it reaches a younger market, the market is still out there nevertheless.

I still think FPS' are gonna keep as popular - i hope COD loses its popularity, however i am still enjoying Battlefield 3's multiplayer, almost a year on, despite EA pretty much ruining the game.

3. Eranofu profile image78
    Eranofuposted 5 years ago

ARGs (alternate reality games) with social networking. There is something incredibly exciting about adding elements of gaming in real life that doesn't have the aura of geekiness that LARPs have. big_smile

4. dghbrh profile image78
    dghbrhposted 5 years ago

not so much into gaming but i will support @Eranofu ......reality games should click.:-)

5. iTommyGuns profile image83
    iTommyGunsposted 5 years ago

Hmmm. Social networking and FPS could be fun! There are a few I would like to....nevermind. Along as I can shoot stuff, I'm happy!

1. Eranofu profile image78
      Eranofuposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Laser shooting and tweeting your 'kills'? big_smile

6. cicsomum profile image61
    cicsomumposted 5 years ago

Kinect 2 I hope, really looking forward to it !