jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

What is 14 X 9 -34 + 56 - 69 ?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

What is  14 X 9 -34 + 56 - 69 ?

2. tammyswallow profile image94
    tammyswallowposted 5 years ago

79 unless this is a trick question. smile Because Hubpages is telling my my answer is too short and I must make it longer, I am attaching this needless statement.

3. profile image0
    Jade0215posted 5 years ago

I'm saying that it should be 79 as well.

gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This riddle is too easy!   Have to think of a more complex equation the next time around!

4. Amanda Gee profile image60
    Amanda Geeposted 5 years ago

I'm agreeing lol it's 79. smile smile smile Not sure why it  has a requirement as to the length of a response.

Have to think about a harder equation the next time.   This is TOO easy!    Everyone has the correct answer!

5. huntnfish profile image98
    huntnfishposted 5 years ago

If you had written it backwards instead, say 69 - 56 + 34 - 9 * 14, then you might have had some dissension between answers due to order of operations

6. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 5 years ago

I would conclude that there are an infinite amount of answers; ten of them are, namely  (1) 14 X 9-34+56-69  (2) 79 (3) 81-2  (4) 39 X 2 + 1  (5) the 22nd prime number
    (6) A lucky prime  (7) A permutable prime, with ninety-seven  (8) A Pillai prime, because 23! + 1 is divisible by 79, but 79 is not one more than a multiple of 23 
    (9) The dull yet regular prime and last but not least, (10) in cryptology terms, perhaps the letter V which could also signify Victory!

Quite a different premise!

working