jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Is the "Prophet" quest in Skyrim bugged?

1. AM Hanson profile image78
    AM Hansonposted 5 years ago

Is the "Prophet" quest in Skyrim bugged?

I just downloaded the Dawnguard DLC for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and I've been having some trouble with the Prophet quest.  The Moth Priest is always hostile to me.  Is this a bug, or just a glitch and reloading or something will fix it?

2. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

You say it's a Moth Priest? Well of course it's a bug! But on a serious note, I've heard things about this not long after the DLC's release, and you may need to check the FAQ. I'll be playing the DLC at a friend's house tomorrow to review it, so I'll see if it's a bug.

If you're playing on PC, try a console command or something that will allow you to do something like "/reload". Hope this helps ^^

1. GamerxGuy profile image61
      GamerxGuyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

DawnGuard-he will go hostile when you first save him just attack him until he goes down.
      Vampires-same as dawnguard but once he goes down use vampire seduction i think it is? and then make him your thrall the seduction only available every 24 hours

2. AM Hanson profile image78
      AM Hansonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

lol if i had been using PC i would have been using an illegal copy of Dawnguard. that's one of the big problems with using xbox is that you cant just use console commands to fix everything ever

3. AM Hanson profile image78
    AM Hansonposted 5 years ago

figured it out lol it's a fixable bug.  apparently I saved him and did everything I was supposed to before I was supposed to.... i deactivated the barrier before I was told to and so it never triggered the "subdue the moth priest" quest point, which in turn made it impossible for him to become non-hostile....I reloaded and got it taken care of

Closed to reply

working