jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How many people became totally obsessed with the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and wh

1. Richard Rowell profile image59
    Richard Rowellposted 4 years ago

How many people became totally obsessed with the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and why?

I liked Skyrim when I played it, but I never got quite as into it as I've seen others have.

2. renegadetory profile image98
    renegadetoryposted 4 years ago

I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with Skyrim, but I really enjoy playing it!  I like to play it through with different characters (male or female, Elves, Bretons, etc.,) and explore the map as well as the different guilds and to play as a mage, warrior or thief.  I generally play the thief often so I'm challenging myself to play through as a mage.  I have to say I really don't like dying so much!

I think overall it's a visually beautiful game, lots to explore and because there is different ways to play the game it makes you want to play it over again (well some of us, I guess).

1. Richard Rowell profile image59
      Richard Rowellposted 4 years agoin reply to this

There are definitely a lot of ways to play it and go about things. It is a beautiful game to look at, most certainly. Mages are certainly challenging.

3. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

Mostly because it was the closest thing to Oblivion the series had ever gotten to. Dumbed down, but regardless it was very close. However all immersion fell flat toward the end of the game, and I've had permenant burnout since. I'm hoping the MMO won't cater to Skyrim's audience because, if I'm totally honest, it wouldn't be an Elder Scrolls game, but an amputated attempt at something new and "TES-like".

working