jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is your preferred Gaming platform?

1. UberGeek Infobox profile image60
    UberGeek Infoboxposted 5 years ago

What is your preferred Gaming platform?

2. Rrisen profile image76
    Rrisenposted 5 years ago

Xbox 360 because of the Halo franchise and the online community.

3. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

A tough choice. I like my XBOX 360 because of its reliability (AFTER the whole RRoD controversy, where Microsoft shipped out faulty consoles for six months) and the fact that you pay an XBOX LIVE sub for security. I mean, I haven't once had my account sold to the Soviets because of this. But that doesn't mean it's perfect.

I also like PC gaming for the widest variety of genres, access to games and few internet connectivity problems. I've given my top 9 reasons in an article on my profile. ^^

4. JBrumett profile image60
    JBrumettposted 5 years ago

I was pretty adamant about console gaming for years, but as time progressed I keep going back to the PC.  It seems games are typically made with consoles in mind so they're limited with U/I, watered-down graphics, and controls.  I think PC should be the set-standard, not the other way around.  It would push console companies to produce higher quality material in my opinion.

5. Sarah Christina profile image83
    Sarah Christinaposted 5 years ago

Currently the PC, but I used to be quite the console freak, back in the day of the PS2, and before then, Nintendo. But once I discovered MMORPG's, I've spent less time playing console RPG's, because their battle systems are random map or turn based and I find I just don't have the patience for that anymore. Also, there is the social aspect of online games I enjoy, console RPG's typically are not multi-player.

6. Dallas Matier profile image86
    Dallas Matierposted 5 years ago

My preferred platform is whatever I happen to have at that moment that lets me play games I enjoy - and, at the moment, that's my Xbox 360. I don't have any particular loyalty to consoles, it's just that this computer I'm using right now is really, really old. But, as long as it works (and, I still have my console to be able to play newer games) I can't really justify the expense of getting a new one.

There's still an impressively long list of older games I enjoy playing on the PC, too, though.

7. Tonyx35 profile image59
    Tonyx35posted 5 years ago

I've Also got to say PC, Especially when the Steam Summer sale comes around. I also like to replay older PC games, as well as new stuff.

Might have said XBOX 360 (non-S) , but we had a terrible Red Ring of Death Experience and gave up the platform.

8. profile image0
    NikiiLeeReyesposted 5 years ago

I enjoy having my Xbox360..Gears of war and Fable are my faves. I actually have both playstation 3 and xbox--but love and prefer the gameplay and general quality of xbox alone. I guess you get what you pay for... heh..