What's the best place to find old video game strategy guides?

1. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

What's the best place to find old video game strategy guides?

As a video game reviewer I need to be able to play the product I'm reviewing in order to inform viewers, as well as relive the experiences of long ago. But "back in my day" video game guides weren't on the internet, and we had to use strategy guides. In order to get the best experience out of my review I prefer to use these guides if ever I get stuck, as opposed to a video.

So where, if I was looking for strategy guides on the SNES/PS1 era of games in Europe (not the US, airmail does not suit me), would you advise me to go? This place can be a store retailer, or an online retailer.

2. Souther29 profile image80
    Souther29posted 4 years ago

I think you'll struggle to find official strategy guides for the older games. My only suggestion would be the fan written FAQ's of which there are quite a few out there for the older games i.e. SNES, N64, PS1 etc. They are usualy extremely in depth and well written and have helped me many a time! Even some old gameboy ones.

3. Vitallani profile image78
    Vitallaniposted 4 years ago

I would look on ebay and see if anyone has any old strategy guides they want to get rid of. You can also go to comic and gaming conventions, where exhibitors sell old games, and possibly guides as well.

working