jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

In your opinion, what would be the perfect video game?

1. Chris412 profile image59
    Chris412posted 4 years ago

In your opinion, what would be the perfect video game?

Imagine you have an unlimited budget and capability to create the most in-depth experience ever. Describe what you think would be the best video game mankind could possibly design.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8072311_f260.jpg

2. EJ Lambert profile image74
    EJ Lambertposted 4 years ago

The perfect video game, to me, would be a game that somehow incorporates every style into it from first person shooter, to strategy, to puzzle and so on.  It needs a great story that lasts from beginning to end, ala Final Fantasy VII, Bioshock etc.  Graphics are an obvious must and it has to end not just with a flourish but with an ending nobody sees coming.  Above anything else it has to do something that has never been done before, whether it's with the playing style or otherwise.

3. TNT Husky profile image71
    TNT Huskyposted 4 years ago

I don't think such a thing is possible. The perfect Video game would mean plenty of money and time put into it, yes. but it would have to mix in tons of different gameplay styles in a seamless manner, provide as many options as you can choose in real life, and then some, and blend this in with some hyper realistic graphics in a way that feels real, without feeling jagged or clunky. The thing that makes it impossible in my eyes is that when we as designers attempt things like this, we create a game with too much, or trying too hard. Too much can be a bad thing, including video games. Honestly, I'd prefer a game where i think that not only does it have a lot as it is, but it could still have so much more. That is my idea on the perfect game.

4. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

It already exists, but it had to be put on multiple discs because it took that many to handle the sheer amount of gorgeousness. The first chapter is Spyro the Dragon, which is the replayability aspect of the game; the second chapter is Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer, which is the revolution of platforming aspect of the game; the third chapter is Spyro: Year of the Dragon, which is the refinement aspect of the game.

If this question were asked a year ago I would've said "it's not up for debate and I'll have you shot if you disagree" but that JohnGreasyGamer, is the JohnGreasyGamer of old.

working