jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What is/was your favourite "Light Gun" Game?

1. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

What is/was your favourite "Light Gun" Game?

For those who don't know, the Light Gun was a peripheral in the form of a gun, which one would shoot targets at the screen. The term 'light gun' came from the gun using tricks of the light to determine whether the target on screen was hit or not.

Examples include the almighty Time Crisis, the Immortal House of the Dead, Ghoul Panic, Point Blank and the classic Duck Hunt! What's your favourite series?

2. TNT Husky profile image72
    TNT Huskyposted 4 years ago

The classic Duck Hunt. I was never sure of how it worked when i was a kid, but I didn't care. Of course, over time, we all learn. But, even today, I'd pick Duck Hunt over many modern shooters. For me, it was simple, and easy to jump into.

JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Definitely. It's a game that doesn't do any more than it needs to, doesn't pack itself full of rubbish and still has many minutes, if not hours, of addictive play!

3. Willsummerdreamer profile image86
    Willsummerdreamerposted 4 years ago

Mmmm.....probably duck hunt, followed by House of the Dead and Time Crisis.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

House of the Dead was always my favorite. My brother and I played the heck out of the one on the original Xbox (HotD 3, though it also came with HotD 2 as an unlockable). I keep hoping that they'll come out with a compilation disc that includes all of them (1-4), but so far I haven't seen it.

JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I believe Time Crisis did a remake of all the games on a compilation (Razing Storm), so it's likely to happen with HotD. I'd love to see that too! ^^

working