jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Have you been involved in virtual worlds?

1. Krista Schnee profile image78
    Krista Schneeposted 4 years ago

Have you been involved in virtual worlds?

Personally I've been somewhat involved in Second Life. Have you been involved in a virtual world? Do you have any favorites or ones that you think are growing?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8097994_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    delleaposted 4 years ago

I love to play LOTRO (Lord Of The Rings Online). I started out playing for free but enjoy it so much that I'm now a VIP member. It's a great online experience, tons of in-depth 3D strategy, puzzles, quests, tasks, and tons of item crafting you can do. They even have regular online special events that you can take part in to play fun games with/against others, etc. I've been playing the game mostly as a solo player, but with enough friends you can create a fellowship and/or kinship and play in huge live battles and skirmishes, etc, further expanding the universe's capabilities. All in all, the LOTRO world is huge, there is so much to do, and it grows larger almost every month, just an amazing feat in its entirety if you look at the level of all the tech involved to accomplish it all! Check out LOTRO here... http://my.lotro.com/referral/music.dellea.biz

Krista Schneeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi, Dellea. Thank you for sharing your experiences with LOTRO! I'll definitely check it out.

3. Chris Qu profile image93
    Chris Quposted 4 years ago

Only so far as MMORPGs are concerned. I've played a hand full of them over the years. I gave World of Warcraft a try, along with Guild Wars 1 and 2, and twenty or thirty free ones from Asia. They usually don't hold my interest for that long, but they always give me that initial burst where I lose sleep for a week.

What I'll say this though, is that I remember being a fourteen year old kid, playing Final Fantasy XI for the first time. That was my first time playing an online RPG, and it was a mind-blowing experience for me. The world was so huge. It was just so fresh, and new to me. The scope of the game was enormous, sometimes too much for its own good. When you think about it, waiting fifteen (real-time) minutes for a boat, and then ten minutes more for that boat to reach a new contintent... it's not *fun*.

But it was something unique. It was definitely a good experience overall, even if I remember the game as being better than it was due to nostalgia.

Krista Schneeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi, Chris. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Very interesting!

working