In Skyrim, which do you prefer, enchanted weapons, or non-enchanted weapons???

1. RPGDude77 profile image60
    RPGDude77posted 4 years ago

In Skyrim, which do you prefer, enchanted weapons, or non-enchanted weapons???

IMO, I prefer non-enchanted weapons, since carrying large amounts of soul gems can take up a good bit of carry weight.

2. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

Apart from inventory weight, I see few downsides to carrying enchanted weapons. I rarely pick up any better weapons, but if I do, and my enchanted weapon has run out of charges, I can quickly swap to that one. That means that I'll end up carrying 2 melee weapons and 2 bows, thus taking up more inventory weight (as well as your example of soul gems, which can be a pain to obtain). I think Azura still gives Azura's star, which - if I'm correct - is a never ending soul gem, so that'll cut down on the gems you need.

My favourite enchanted weapons are the Daedric ones but sadly haven't upgraded all that much from previous games. Molag Bal's fatiguing mace has to be the most disappointing quest reward for one of the best quests in the game, for example.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

Usually I'll carry two enchanted weapons and one non-enchanted one at all times. One is my damage weapon, for taking things out quickly. The other is my soul tap weapon, and the last is in case both run out of juice in the middle of combat. I know that I can still use magical items when they've run out of charge, but usually my non-enchanted weapon has a higher base attack. It can be cumbersome to carry them all around with me, but I like to be prepared.

working