jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Do you prefer reading works of fiction or mostly non-fiction?

1. sweetzara profile image78
    sweetzaraposted 4 years ago

Do you prefer reading works of fiction or mostly non-fiction?

In you opinion, what's the best work of fiction or non-fiction you have ever read?

2. thebiologyofleah profile image92
    thebiologyofleahposted 4 years ago

I prefer reading mostly fiction, although there are some great authors out there that write non-fiction so well you feel like you are reading fiction. Some of the best stories are true so it is no wonder some non-fiction paints a better picture compared to fiction. One non-fiction author I particularly enjoy is Erik Larsen.

3. LastRoseofSummer2 profile image86
    LastRoseofSummer2posted 4 years ago

I almost exclusively read fiction. I have a bit of a short attention span and need a story that will capture my imagination. I will read some non-fiction if I'm on a craze about a particular subject (e.g. music, religion), and I LOVE diaries and letter collections. But the bulk of my library is novels and poetry.

As for the best works I have ever read, for fiction it is Gaston Leroux's "The Phantom of the Opera", and for non-fiction it is "The Diary of Anne Frank". - "Out of Africa" by Isak Dinesen is a close second (there are too many close seconds on fiction for me to list!)

4. Fastian profile image76
    Fastianposted 4 years ago

If someone has not read the Harry Potter series, definitely the finest reading treat has been missed. I must've read the whole series more than half a dozen times It's the best book I have ever read & whenever I read it I feel the same joy.

5. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Fiction. I've always been addicted to the book I have of fairy tales as my true favorite. But my collection of novels begs to differ.

6. Pintaya profile image82
    Pintayaposted 4 years ago

Historical fiction is my guilty pleasure. Other than that, non-fiction all the way!

7. europewalker profile image77
    europewalkerposted 4 years ago

I like both, either a good mystery, something in the 18th century era. I also like to read about kings and queens, European history and biographies.

8. GavinWichmann profile image60
    GavinWichmannposted 4 years ago

Fiction is what I read more often, mostly because reading is an escape. Reading non-fiction works can be enjoyable, but fiction is overall much more entertaining I think.

9. Shift-Three profile image61
    Shift-Threeposted 4 years ago

For awhile I was reading only non fiction, now I seem to be in a fiction loop!

10. Valorie Esquilona profile image79
    Valorie Esquilonaposted 4 years ago

The truth is more amazing than fiction that's why I love non-fiction more.  Fiction is good too and there's no doubt that everybody loves it but I'd love to be astounded by the truth first.

11. Ratatosk profile image59
    Ratatoskposted 4 years ago

IsnĀ“t the very most of the books fiction, except biographies or technical stuff?

12. UndercoverAgent19 profile image90
    UndercoverAgent19posted 4 years ago

I find myself usually reading fiction, but it definitely depends on my mood or what the book is about, regardless of whether or not it's fiction or non-fiction. As I get older, I seem to be getting more and more interested in non-fiction. I think my favorite books overall would have to be Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, and Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There, by Lewis Carroll.

working