jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Who owns/owned an Atari Jaguar (and/or its CD peripheral), and if so, why did yo

1. JohnGreasyGamer profile image83
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

Who owns/owned an Atari Jaguar (and/or its CD peripheral), and if so, why did you buy it?

It's universally agreed upon that the Atari Jaguar was a broken down mess that went to prove bit processors at the time meant nothing in comparison to good gameplay. But many love the console unconditionally and will tell you it has some appeal. If you owned one I'd like to know what you thought of the console, and what it was like in comparison to others like the Playstation One, the Nintendo 64 and the Sega Dreamcast.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8533908_f260.jpg

2. lukecore profile image83
    lukecoreposted 4 years ago

I had a Jaguar, bought it new for £40 shortly after they discontinued it. Alien V Predator was a fantastic game, the rest less so. Graphically it compared well to early PS1 games, but as it was out so early and canned so early no one got a chance to push it. They were really competing with the SNES and Megadrive rather than the real next gens, and got everything horribly wrong.

They had a nasty habit of overheating - mine died when a chip burnt out.

1. JohnGreasyGamer profile image83
      JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your answer! I don't need it for any reason, I'm just curious how Jaguar owners found it. I'm surprised they went for that cheap after discontinuation because they're so expensive now! ^^

2. lukecore profile image83
      lukecoreposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yeah they have serious collectors value! I have no idea what happened to ours after it broke but even broken ones are fetching a few quid.
      If it had support it could have been great but it was the wrong console at the wrong time.

working