jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

What was your first video game console?

1. atechwiz profile image72
    atechwizposted 5 years ago

What was your first video game console?

2. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

The Nintendo 64. Donkey Kong was my favorite. Using the theme song, my brother and I memorized Bible verses.

atechwizposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The N64 was a great console.  Mario 64, Goldeneye, WaveRace 64.  Great games.

3. Dallas Matier profile image87
    Dallas Matierposted 5 years ago

I have fond memories of an Atari 2600 Jr. that I got as a gift. Other kids had NES and Sega Master System consoles, but we couldn't afford that - so, I was happy with my Atari. The rest of the world had moved on to SNES and Megadrive by the time my Atari stopped working, if I remember right - though, I didn't actually get another console until the N64.

Great system as well.  Who can forget Pac-Man, Space Invaders, and my favorite 2600 game Adventure.  Berzerk was another game I liked.  It is funny because looking back those games were extremely repetitive.  At the time we loved them though.

4. Kimberly Vaughn profile image83
    Kimberly Vaughnposted 5 years ago

I had an Atari. I think I got it when I was about 5 years old. I loved playing Pitfall. I believe that was the first video game console made. Are there any older than Atari?

There was a console known as the Odyssey that preceded the 2600 but it was not nearly as popular.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

The original Nintendo with Mario about 1988....I think.

The NES is the console that really took gaming to a new level.  Games were no longer about seeing how many times you could repeat the same level and became more about story telling and exploration.  Love the NES.

2. sarahmoose profile image78
      sarahmooseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

my other half had this, he still has it now, and we can play paperboy :-)

6. cicsomum profile image61
    cicsomumposted 5 years ago

Donkey Kong 64 (old Nintendo 64 console)
    Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 PS3

Nice.

7. sarahmoose profile image78
    sarahmooseposted 5 years ago

The SNES - with Super Mario Bros and Starwing (Starfox in US, I believe).

SNES was a great console as well. Probably my favorite games on it were Tecmo Super Baseball and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

8. hmclio profile image81
    hmclioposted 5 years ago

The first PlayStation console shortly after it was released. I got it for Christmas when I was about 7 along with PacMan Worlds, Rayman, and Spyro the Dragon smile Fond memories indeed!

I remember my brother-in-law rented an imported Playstation and some games before the US release.  It was quite impressive for the time.

working