jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

PS4 or Xbox One.... or the Omni + Occulus Rift

1. David Trujillo profile image87
    David Trujilloposted 4 years ago

PS4 or Xbox One.... or the Omni + Occulus Rift

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8540184_f260.jpg

2. electronician profile image83
    electronicianposted 4 years ago

Never heard of the Omni or Occulus Rift before - they look pretty cool but a bit expensive. Its about time that good quality immersive VR gaming systems starting coming out, so things like the Omni are probably the future - just not the present. For now I'd go for the Xbox.

David Trujilloposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I got a couple of good Omni video tryouts on one of my hubs. 4 Best Presents for Teens, I think I called it. Its pretty funny how users react the first time, especially with horror games.

3. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

None of them, especially the attempts at virtual reality. I've seen the Kinect work at expo's and conventions but it didn't work outside of them for the general public, and the same applies to any motion controllers thus far (except the Wii which is the only responsive one I've seen so far, but that's not saying much). We're simply not ready for virtual reality and it's way too expensive to justify, but for the sake of this question I'd say the PS4 when it's got some games. Until then, the PS1 will suit me down to the ground - all I need is a controller and a TV.

David Trujilloposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree with the PS1. Superior graphics does not directly correlate to a greater gaming experience. Virtual reality devices might need some perfection, but the Omni does seem to head on the right direction. User reactions are hilarious.

working