jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you think was the greatest Super Nintendo game ever?

1. SerenityHalo profile image97
    SerenityHaloposted 3 years ago

What do you think was the greatest Super Nintendo game ever?

2. janshares profile image97
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Was there a Nintendo game called "Mario?" He jumped over things. I think that was the best.

3. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 3 years ago

With there being a tonne of games on the Super Nintendo, most of which went onto bigger and better things, it's hard to choose exactly which one is my favourite. Super Mario World is going to be the one I put here because it was a huge twists on the Mario universe and gameplay. Rather than level after level it incorporated a hub, branching paths for different levels, hidden zones, backtracking and requiring the different coloured buttons to make those same colour blocks appear in the game's world. I'd even go as far as saying that this is the best Mario game of the series that attempts something like it. Most of the later iterations are short, have few memorable moments and don't bring anything new to the table. What's worse is many Mario games don't have *all* of the features, and instead take a select few, and I fear the same will happen if there was a SMW remake.

4. Deathmonkey7 profile image61
    Deathmonkey7posted 3 years ago

I would say probably Super Metroid. Great game, great atmosphere.

5. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

I would vote for The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Not only was it a great game on the super nintendo, but most fans today still rank it in the top 3 best zelda games.