jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Do you play Family Board Games during the Holidays with your children?

1. askformore lm profile image69
    askformore lmposted 3 years ago

Do you play Family Board Games during the Holidays with your children?

Which games do you play? Is it classics, such as Monopoly. Or ...?
    Is it a family activity? Do you all play. Old and youngsters?
    Do you have prizes? And what are the most popular price: Chocolates or a Surprise Parcel?

2. freecampingaussie profile image63
    freecampingaussieposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/11988404_f260.jpg

I used to play Snakes & Ladders ,Monopoly , Scrabble as well as Card games like Double Rummy with my 3 daughters , My ex didn't like games !
    My new husband &  I love playing Dominoes, Rumicub etc !

3. chaitanyasaivb profile image76
    chaitanyasaivbposted 3 years ago

During holidays, Its necessary for any one to spend some time with their children, and even they can participate in some board games with me. We usually play Carom board game along with the family members. But, we just play it for fun, not for any surprise gifts.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image93
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

My family often plays board games together during the holidays. It's a good way to get everyone doing the same activity that doesn't involve a television or food. Personally I enjoy word games like boggle or scrabble, but we seem to have the most fun with the guessing games like taboo or cranium. Basically any game where you can shout out ridiculous answers will be a big hit with my family.

1. askformore lm profile image69
      askformore lmposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I am most certain that you and your family have a fun time together!

5. Joel Diffendarfer profile image94
    Joel Diffendarferposted 3 years ago

I've raised nine children and have always made it part of the family tradition to play games with the kids especially during the holidays.  After all, our collection of games constantly grew during those years and a "new" game was generaly expected as a Christmas present.  What's the sense of buying a game if you don't play it?  Part of the 'giving' was also giving of my time...which far outweighed the game itself. 
    Its kind of funny to watch now...my grown children still follow that tradition with their own kids...Its great to hear when I walk into their home, "Grandpa, will you play a game with us?"

6. Grady Williams profile image54
    Grady Williamsposted 3 years ago

Personally I enjoy word games like boggle or scrabble, but we seem to have the most fun with the guessing games like taboo or cranium.
    http://nongambler.com/
    We offer a tranquil space to reflect on the damage created by problem gambling.

It provides a safe space for honest self-examination.

working