jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Do families still want to play board games together?

1. SoCurious profile image60
    SoCuriousposted 7 years ago

Do families still want to play board games together?

2. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 7 years ago

My family plays board games all the time.

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Some certainly do! My sister and I grew up playing board games with our mom, and then my ex and I used to play card games and board games all the time both with the two of us and with larger groups of friends. Now we don't have many games in the house, but working on building up the collection, especially now that my five-year-old is getting old enough to play the games with us. My husband and I also love doing jigsaw puzzles together.

4. MrsSunshine101 profile image55
    MrsSunshine101posted 7 years ago

Of Course! My husband, step son and I love playing board games. We go for the classics though, like Candyland, Monoply etc.

5. profile image53
    R055posted 7 years ago

Teens (like me) still enjoy board games but when you can just click a button on you games console it is a lot easier than trying to round up everyone to play a game and set it up.

6. Edoka Writes profile image61
    Edoka Writesposted 7 years ago

My family does! It's fun and great for bonding with the kids.

7. Hannah.C profile image60
    Hannah.Cposted 7 years ago

I'm in my 20's and I still love when I visit my parents and they want to play board games! My boyfriend and I regularly play them too. It's a nice change of pace to sit down and just play with no phones and no tv.

8. Danette Watt profile image86
    Danette Wattposted 7 years ago

We played them when our kids were growing up (as my husband and I did when we were growing up). Now my kids are 26 and 19 and we didn't play any when they were both home in March. Sadly, my husband and I have gotten into the habit of being in front of the computer or tv in the evenings and haven't played a game in a long time. I miss that!!

9. Blond Logic profile image98
    Blond Logicposted 6 years ago

In my family it is a resounding "yes". We played games growing up and when we get together. This is a bonding ritual. We don't talk about sports, religion, or the weather. The games have changed over the years but as far back as I can remember we played board games.

Now, I play interactively with my family over the internet.

I was worried when video games started that this would changed the whole family time together.
    I played video games with my kids, so perhaps this is just the evolution of family time together.

That is a great question.

10. Pikachusif profile image70
    Pikachusifposted 6 years ago

Well, it depends on the type of family that you're talking about. However, for the most part, I would say yes. I have always enjoyed playing board games with my family, and I don't expect for the family-based tradition to go out of style anytime soon.

11. landscapeartist profile image77
    landscapeartistposted 5 years ago

My son and I play board games all the time and so do my daughters when they come for a visit. 
    But, there is a lot of people that won't play board games.  What they don't choose to think about is that everyone who parties tend to play drinking games which consist of cards or board games merged together with having to drink alcohol.  Yet, those same people will frown at the idea of playing traditional board games.  They just don't know what they are missing.

working