jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is Skyrim the last Elder Scrolls game?

1. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

Is Skyrim the last Elder Scrolls game?

I always assumed that Bethesda would return to the Elder Scrolls series after the obligatory switch to Fallout. But are releases like The Elder Scrolls Online and The Elder Scrolls Anthology indicators that the single player experience is done? Also, considering the storyline of Skyrim, and its placement on the timeline, could that have been an indicator it was the last epic story to tell? Am I reading too much into this?

2. Link10103 profile image76
    Link10103posted 2 years ago

I highly doubt it, especially with the new gen systems. They could make a boatload of money just by remastering Skyrim and Fallout 3/Vegas for the Ps4 and Xbone simply because they had terrible performance issues on Ps3 and Xbox 360, let alone coming out with a game that would perform well on the new systems.
    I think people really wanted an online Fallout/Elder scrolls game and they tried their hand at it. Supposedly they failed miserably since the online game wasnt really well received by the pc community so I am not sure if they will try a strictly MMO game again anytime soon, but they might start incorporating multiplayer elements into the singleplayer games.
    Fallout 4 might as well be confirmed at this point, but wont know until June. If they really want to blow everyone out the water, they will announce both a new Fallout AND Elder Scrolls game at E3.

3. nipster profile image75
    nipsterposted 2 years ago

The skyrim series of the elder scrolls is the last one if you are talking in terms of home video games. There are however later versions of skyrim like "Dragonbourne". The elder scrolls has also come out with an online version called "Elder scrolls online". So, technically the answer is yes.

4. lorenfawnhubs profile image75
    lorenfawnhubsposted 2 years ago

If it's MMO we're talking, ESO wouldn't be my first choice. but if its single player RPG, then I simply can't find anything better then Skyrim, Morowind or Oblivion. well maybe Witcher 3 but it's not that kind of RPG.

5. profile image0
    SonOfSkyrim201posted 2 years ago

No, thank goodness! It is the latest installment in the Elder Scrolls series but it will not be the last. Bethesda has probably already started on Elder Scrolls 6. So don't worry, The elder scrolls will be returning probably in a few years!