jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Will you play the Elder Scrolls Online?

1. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

Will you play the Elder Scrolls Online?

From what I understand,  Bethesda, the designers behind the stellar elder scrolls games will not be developing the Elder Scrolls online. I can definitely understand why this would turn off a bunch of loyal fans. But there is evidence in the past of big franchises getting handed over to new studios and having success (like Metroid Prime or Halo 4). So, will your love of the universe override your skepticism or will you decide to pass? Personally, I'm willing to give it a try, if for no other reason than to see all of these famous land masses tied together.

2. Winterfate profile image96
    Winterfateposted 5 years ago

Well, to be fair, I've noticed that Bethesda's more recent offerings have been horribly buggy at launch, so perhaps Elder Scrolls Online will benefit from having a different development team. With that said, I will probably pass on this game unless it is third person (not a fan of first person games, generally) and is free to play. I don't like to play pay to play online games because it makes me feel like I'm obligated to actually play X amount of time each month. I play video games as a hobby, not as a job. :S

1. StartTab profile image60
      StartTabposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It is said you can switch between first person and third person. I don't know whether it's going to have a monthly-pay model or a one-time-pay model. But I don't think it will be free-to-play.

3. Knightmare Golem profile image95
    Knightmare Golemposted 5 years ago

I think I'm going to be reading up on it, but I doubt that I'll get into it.  I've still got SWTOR as my main MMO and that's been working for me just fine for right now.  It would take something pretty great to pull me from my current MMO.

1. davidlivermore profile image97
      davidlivermoreposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I just started SWTOR again, after giving up on it after launch.  I love it!  I'm having a blast.

4. davidlivermore profile image97
    davidlivermoreposted 5 years ago

Probably not.  I'm tired of the whole "Fantasy" genre.  Besides, it's just another big name trying to get into the MMO market.  A name is not enough for a game to succeed now.

5. MattWritesStuff profile image94
    MattWritesStuffposted 5 years ago

I doubt it. I have trouble investing energy into MMOs these days. They eat up so much time. I like my video games to have an ending.

6. allymasongames profile image59
    allymasongamesposted 5 years ago

I don't think I will, I wasted 6 years in World of Warcraft, not gonna make same mistakes again

7. StartTab profile image60
    StartTabposted 5 years ago

I'm absolutely going to try it. I'm even going to buy a new pc for this game! The only thing I sincerely hope is that it isn't going to have a monthly-pay model. That would be disgusting.

I'd love to see the whole, or almost the whole of Tamriel being together in one great game. I also love the concept of the Alliance War and the pvp. I would like to share my adventures with fellow Elder Scrolls fans in the game and overcome obstacles together. I hope it will be there soon. Not to soon, because I don't want it to be rushed out.

8. sm825 profile image59
    sm825posted 5 years ago

I would not mind buying a copy of the game and not ever having to pay again, unless it is for item shop items. I would probably give it a try I like the Elder Scrolls series, and if it gives me a chance to play with my cousin I would more then likely play it then. The only way I would not play it is if it is poorly put together, and does not have the same feel as the Elder Scrolls series did.

9. DubstepMaker profile image62
    DubstepMakerposted 4 years ago

Elder scrolls online is awesome. Anyone who is into MMOs should definitely give this one a go. It is no EVE online, but it is still pretty involved and a great amount of fun to be had in the digital world of online gaming for bawses on the internet!!

working