jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

About my Dracaena Compacta

1. ChicVaLentin profile image61
    ChicVaLentinposted 11 months ago

About my Dracaena Compacta

Hi everyone I was trying to ask and look up about what pot size would be best for my Dracaena when it starts getting big I have it in a 8 inch pot now and its doing fine but I see the sides of the plants are looking very tight

2. Natalie Frank profile image96
    Natalie Frankposted 11 months ago

Many say that Dracaena plants like to be root bound in small pots.  At the same time most gardeners will tell you that no plant likes to be root bound and that it will prevent much new growth or flowering (not that this plant flowers very much).  If the sides look very tight and the pot seems filled with roots it would seem a good time to re-pot.  There are plants that do better without too much extra room for their roots to expand and this is one of them so I might recommend graduating just to a 10 inch pot so as not to disturb the growing cycle of the plant or cause it shock by the fast growth after a period of very slow growth.  Good luck.

1. ChicVaLentin profile image61
      ChicVaLentinposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Thanks thats what i was reading i have a nice 11 inch pot the only reason i ask is to be sure I've been raising this plant for 3yrs now and it looks very nice a lot of new growth and a nice dark Green wish i could put pics up for you to see thanks

2. Natalie Frank profile image96
      Natalie Frankposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Happy to help.  I'd love to see your plant if you can manage to get pictures of it uploaded.  They are incredible and some of the varieties are so massive that they just astound me!  Have fun!

3. ChicVaLentin profile image61
      ChicVaLentinposted 11 months agoin reply to this

I put the picture up in my my photos

4. Natalie Frank profile image96
      Natalie Frankposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Great!  I'll take a look.

working