10 Things that Deserve my Gratitude Everyday
Why Be Grateful?
In an effort to appreciate everyday, I have compiled a list of things for which I am grateful. I want to remind myself that life is not just about getting by from day to day in an effort to acheive something better. It is also about recognizing what you already have and giving it the attention and gratitude it deserves.
Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.
-William Arthur Ward
1. My Children. They have been the source of a lot of tears but also my greatest source of joy and without them my life would have no color. Black and white would be too boring.
2. My husband. He works hard to provide our family with what we need and is here for us every day.
3. Our home. At this time, there are so many people without a place of their own due to the economy and I am truly grateful to have a home that is comfortable and in a safe community.
4. My health. I may not be at my best physically but I have taken for granted my ability to move as I please without pain or sickness.
5. My mom. We have not always gotten along but having her in my life as an adult makes me appreciate her so much more than I did as a child, I like most kids took her for granted.
6. My freedom. So many women in other countries do not have the option of being who they want to be and going where they want to go and I am grateful to live in a country where I can choose my own path.
7. My sisters. They are my best link to my past and they can always make me feel better when I'm feeling down.
8. Hot water. Hot shower, enough said.
9. Washer and dryer. I have done without them before due to breaking down during rough financial times when I couldn't replace them. I am eternally grateful to not have to scrub my clothes like the good ole days.
10. Another day. It is always a blessing to be given one more day because it offers one more opportunity to look at your life and see all the beauty it actually holds.
One Final Thought
It is so easy to get caught up in the day to day routine and forget that along with all the hard times, there is always something for which we should be grateful. Taking time to acknowledge it can make a big difference in how you see your life. If you find one thing everyday that adds value to your life, you should take a minute to really appreciate it. You never know how long you'll have it.