10 sure ways to beat the Monday morning blues
Every morning is a chance to forget the pains of yesterday, and see the change of a brand new day. To dance and laugh again, to make up for the wrong things done. And most of all, It's God's reminder that He is sending another blessing called 'LIFE.'
(http://www.searchquotes.com/quotes/about/New_Beginnings/) Justice Cabral quotes
Do you hate Monday mornings? If so, do you know why? Have you tried to change your attitude and try to love (or at least better tolerate) Monday mornings? Below you will find 10 sure ways to beat the Monday morning blues.
1. Be organized and prepared for the much dreaded Monday morning. Make sure your clothes are clean and ironed, lunches are ready, your paperwork put together. Try getting ahead during the previous week if you can, however if not possible, try to do these little jobs on Saturday, not on Sunday.
2. Wear something really nice to work, your best possible work outfit. Make sure you are fully prepped and polished (perfectly done hair and nails, shaved, clean, moisturized), well rested, looking sharp and ready to conquer. Look forward to presenting your best self.
3. Good Sunday night sleep is a must; for best sleep change your bedclothes on Sunday and go to bed on time. No late nights.
4. Try to limit your alcohol intake on Sundays. You have less chance of feeling horrid on Monday morning.
5. Have an active Sunday - go for a walk on the beach, enjoy some gardening, visit family, organize a big Sunday lunch. Whatever you do, enjoy your Sunday as you prepare to wrap up yet another fabolous week.
6. Try to get up early on Monday morning, as early as possible and spend time doing things you really enjoy. Fresh coffee and a lovely breakfast will definitely ensure a good start to the week ahead. Watch a bit of tv, read a magazine, go for a walk or do some exercise. Or perhaps you want to surf the internet for your next holiday.
7. Plan something in advance for Monday evening: cinema with friends, an early bird meal in a lovely restaurant, sign up for an evening class, go for a jog. Whatever you do, don't just go home and slump on the sofa feeling sorry for yourself, that there are still 4 more days to go till the next weekend.
8. Do not join in with the whingers who hate Mondays: they will only bring you down. Why do you hate Mondays? Is it because of the early mornings? Surely it's the same on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Or do you hate your job? Then it's time to think about a change, however more than likely that will not be easy in the current climate, so it is better to address your attitude and how do you react. Learn to accept your job for what it is. Remind yourself that this job also enables you to have a regular income and be able to afford your bills as well as the good things in life.
9. Use whatever tools you have access to, to ensure you have a good attitude when it comes to Monday mornings (or any weekday morning). Get free Smartphone or I phone app affirmations delivered to your inbox and read them first thing in the morning. I use Positive Affirmations on my Android phone. Best of all, you can come up with your own, to suit your own needs. I can guarantee you that in no time you'll be jumping out of bed in the morning rearing to go.
10. Make sure to book a few Mondays off from your annual leave allowance - alongside with bank and national holidays, you will ensure that you have a number of very enjoyable Mondays, when you do not have to worry at all about all the things outlined above.
Whatever you do, make sure you do not wish your life away in your quest to get over Mondays quickly.