- Personal Health Information & Self-Help
Relieve Tension In 10 Of The Best Ways
Top 10 Tension Relievers:
- Listen to classical or nature & ocean sounds for about 30 minutes. Tune out any background noise and drift away.The calming sounds cause the brain chatter to calm down & body relax.
- Have a delicious tuna or salmon wrap. The omega 3-fatty acids are known to reduce stress levels.
- Watch a comedy movie or hang around your friends/family that know how to strike up laughter! Cortisol & adrenaline which causes stress ,will be reduced as you laugh your to a relaxed state.
- Take a short walk through the park or on the beach. Exercise is important for blood circulation & releasing endorphins which boost your mood.
- Go to the spa and get a massage or have your special someone do the honors.Research shows that massage is beneficial in the relief of stress.It releases serotonin & dopamine which causes you to relax and lower stress level.
- Plant some flowers in the yard or use pots if you live in an apartment. Gardening is known for calming the mind.
- Practice yoga/meditation at least twice a week. This will train you on how to breath deeply and release tension/anxiety. Take a class or watch videos to get started.
- Try visualization exercise. Drift away with a vision of a calm and peaceful scenery. This will cause you to go into a relaxed state.
- Grab your favorite book and light up a few lavender scented candles. Studies show that lavender reduce stress levels .
- Start a daily journal and write down things about your day/evening and about your feelings. Keeping a journal is known to aid in relieving stress/anxiety due to its meditative & reflective effects.