5 ways to hide the "superfood" Coconut oil in your diet!
Its not just for fruity drinks and tropical wear!
If I look around my kitchen, I see coconut in almost every form possible. I see coconut oil, coconut water, real coconut, coconut milk, etc. I have jumped on the coconut train and want to tell you why! Once thought to be a "bad fat", it is now said to relieves stress, increase immunities, boost metabolism and weight loss, and even to fight viruses.The reports even show evidence that it may help with blood pressure and Alzheimer's.
Reports are now hailing Coconuts as a "superfood"! They are an excellent source of nutrition and have a healthy meat, juice and oil. By far, the oil is the best containing too many health benefits to mention! Coconut oil is over 90% saturated fat and has antimicrobial, antibacterial and antifungal properties.
Coconut oil is said to:
1. Lower Cholesterol-The lauric acid contained in coconuts is said to increase the amount of good HDL cholesterol in the blood. Even Dr. Oz says so....
2. Shed weight -When the healthy fats in coconut oil break down in the liver, they help to increase the efficient burning of energy causing a boosted metabolism. It is also sown that coconut oil may help stabilize blood sugar levels.
3. Fight Aging & beautify - Coconut oil, when applied to the skin, is super hydrating! This can help diminish wrinkles! You can also use coconut oil just like your normal moisturizer..all over the body! It may be greasy at first but quickly is absorbed into the skin!
So...you want to know how to get the coconut into your diet? No problem!
- Cooking Oil: This is so great! It is my new staple for pan frying and even for baking!
- In Smoothies: Toss some coconut oil or milk into your morning smoothie!
- Homemade Mayo: I promise this is easier than it looks! Try this homemade mayo recipe and Instead of using only olive oil, use 50% olive oil/50% coconut oil. Totally Organic and actually a healthy for you mayo!
- In Coffee or Hot Tea: Try adding coconut oil or milk to your hot beverage! The oil may be strange at first as it is a bit greasy BUT you will be getting so many awesome vitamins AND your lips will be super soft!
- Swap out your water!: Drink a glass of coconut water every day! Coconut water is actually the juice of the coconut and is filled with natural electrolytes, vitamins, and minerals. If you have a lot of bladder or kidney infections, coconut water can flush out these organs and detoxify and purify the entire urinary system!
What to Buy....
When buying coconut look for organic or unrefined coconut oil. This will ensure that it still has all of the great stuff in it! A 16 oz jar can cost anywhere from $7-$12 depending on the brand. If you are using it as a moisturizer...a little will go a long way! a teaspoon will be enough for you whole body! So cha-ching! No more expensive moisturizer needed!
The coconut also has so MANY beauty benefits that I will cover in another hub!
Give the misunderstood coconut a chance!It is so easy to add into your diet and the benefits are undeniable!
If you have a favorite way to get coconut into your diet...SHARE!