- Quality of Life & Wellness»
- Personal Development
6 Healthy Habits for Life That Everyone Should Adopt
Today’s life has become so busy that we even do not have time for ourselves. As soon as the day starts, we are lost in a series of activities that seldom feel ending at any stage. We feel as if we have lost something. This is mainly because life has become so complicated these days with many things to do in a single day.
Happiness is becoming scarce because we have lost simplicity, the basic ingredient of life.
Here is a list of simple things that would help make things simpler and would definitely be a road to happiness. Simple rule is -the more you simplify things, the better and happier it gets.
1. Prepare a daily schedule. I have seen people working throughout the day and at the end, they blame that the day is too short for all of their activities. This is mainly because they have not scheduled their activities and set priorities to their tasks. If we make a list of things to be done in a day and set priorities to them, it would definitely help get everything done at the right time. The key rule to remember here is ‘don’t start the next task until you are done with the first one’. Stick to this routine and things would definitely improve. If parents really stick to bedtimes, mealtimes, and bath times, children would feel more secure in structure and parents will have more time for themselves! Your body and spirit need a routine. A good sleep routine is key to be more productive. A good meal routine is crucial for your body to get energy. You should only eat when you are hungry, not because you are feeling sad or bored.
2. Clean things as you move on. If cleanliness is made a part of the faith in your daily life, things would get much better. This includes keeping your house, workplace and everything else as clean as possible. Make it a habit to put things back after use from where you picked them. Wash the plates after your meals. Also, teach your children to clear up their toys after they are finished playing. It also include cleanliness of the heart. i.e. always thinking positive about others.
Do you think saying 'NO' to people politely would affect the relationship?
3. Write things down before you forget them. Respect yourself and your time, because you might be repenting at the end that you did not spend the time, as it should have been. A few things to consider before you get old are the youth time, the health, the wealth, and your spare time before you become preoccupied. We need to manage our time extremely carefully in all circumstances.
The best way to utilize time affectively is to write the things down because we often forget things. It is not wise to keep burden on the brain. This would affect our performance in other activities. Writing things down would release the pressure off the brain and we would feel quite light. Always keep a small notebook with you and write things down that you think are to be done. Later prioritize them and assign available time slots for them.
4. Learn to say “no” politely – We are often occupied with helping others at work place, in school, or in society. This often makes us forget our own families. We need to learn how and when to say ‘no’ politely to people when we are reaching the limits and need time for ourselves and our families. Make it a habit to put your family first.
To sum up things.
- Follow a daily schedule
- Focus on cleanliness
- Write down everything you want to do
- Say no politely when you cannot do it
- Enjoy the present moment
- Disconnect from the irrelevant
5. Live in the present – This very moment. The famous saying is, ‘If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the moment.’ Be present in this very moment, focus on the day you have ahead and know that even the longest day during a difficult time is only 24 hours and the next day is definitely there to start after that. This attitude towards life will make things much simpler for you. You need to take one day at a time. Use the present moment to work for your future but do not let it overpower you. We need to enjoy that moment as well.
When in a difficult situation, analyze all the pros and cons, decide something and then stick to your decision no matter what comes ahead. Those who keep changing their decision every now and then are not very successful people in the world.
6. Disconnect from the irrelevant. We often get distracted by what others have with them, how they look like, what do they earn, or what do they think of us. With widely spreading social media in this age, we are deeply occupied with other people’s situations, moods, etc. But what about you? What about your own focus in life? Do this at least once a week: disconnect from all electronics (including social media) and take some time out for your own self. Try to get closer to nature and analyze yourself. Find the shortcomings in your personality and make plans to improve them, taking one at a time. This is the best in nature. Avoid talking about others unnecessarily. Everyone is different and has his own way of life. Just make sure you are doing right and playing the role you need to play in this world.