- Diet & Weight Loss
6 Foods To Avoid
I am convinced digestion is the great secret to life. - Sydney Smith
The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not. - Mark Twain
Eat well, drink in moderation, and sleep sound, in these three good health abound. - Latin Proverb
6 Foods You Should Avoid
It is a fact that 4 out of 10 leading causes of death in US are related to diet (hearth disease, diabetes, cancer and stroke). If you are looking to improve your health you should watch what you eat and start by trying to avoid the following 6 most unhealty foods:
1. Soda – should be named liquid candy. An average can of soda contains 10 teaspoons of sugar, 150 calories, 30 to 55 mg of caffeine, artificial food colors and sulphites.
2. Potato chips and French fries - contain acrylamide (a known carcinogen and neurotoxin), trans fats (artery-clogging fat), and increases the risk of heart disease, diabetes, stroke and cancer.
3. Doughnuts- refined sugar and flour, artificial flavors, trans fats. Health/nutritional value = the hole in the middle.
4. Baked Goods (Coffee Cake, packaged cake, biscuit mixes and other baked goods) - high amounts of trans fats, unsavory additives including corn syrup, preservatives and artificial flavors and colors.
5. Luncheon Meats (hot dogs, sausages, bacon, pepperoni and other processed meats) - contain a carcinogenic ingredient known as sodium nitrite.
6. Canned Soup - most canned (and packaged) soups have high levels of trans fats, sodium and artificial preservatives like MSG and contain high amounts of salt.
If you want to eat healthier, here is a tool that will help you find healthy recipes:
You can narrow your search by keyword or choosing the features that are most important.
Remember - You are what you eat!