10 Amazing Herbal Teas
Cayenne Pepper Tea With Lemon Juice
- Cayenne pepper opens up the arteries to restore normal blood flow to the heart and may help to prevent a heart attack.
- It also regulates your blood pressure.
- Cayenne Pepper tea and lemon boost your metabolism and thereby help you to lose weight.
- This tea has both anti-fungal and immune boosting properties
- Just place a teaspoon of dried cayenne pepper into a cup of hot water. Add the juice of half a lemon. Cover and let stand for three minutes.
Benefits Of Celery Tea
- Celery contains vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin B1, B2, and B6. As well as calcium, manganese, iron, folic acid, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium and fiber.
- The antioxidants in celery tea neutralizes the free radicals in your body which is the cause of many diseases.
- This tea also helps to regulate the fluid in your body. To detoxify, the seeds are used.
- It also assists with kidney and bladder ailments, helps with kidney stones as well as kidney diseases.
- Celery tea is a great help with arthritic and rheumatic aches and pains and helps to maintain healthy eyesight.
- For healthy eyesight and all the other benefits place one teaspoon of fresh celery seed in a cup. Add hot water. Let stand for ten minutes covered. Strain the tea.
Gingko biloba is anti- ageing
- Ginkgo Biloba tea is known for giving energy.
- It is also known as a tonic for the brain.
- Ginkgo Biloba contains a high level of antioxidants which gives protection from diseases.
- This tea slows down the aging process.
- Place a sprig of gingko biloba into a cup. Pour hot water over leaves. Cover. Steep the tea for five minutes. Add honey to taste.
Green Tea Assists with Weight Loss
- Green tea contains vitamin C, as well as potassium, niacin, manganese, folic acid and zinc.
- This tea contains powerful antioxidants that neutralizers the free radicals which are the cause of many diseases.
- It lowers cholesterol thereby promoting heart health and regulates blood sugar and blood pressure.
- Green tea controls inflammation, and can assist in the treatment of osteoporosis and arthritis.
- This tea strengthens the immune system. It also raises metabolism, which is good for weight lose.
Hibiscus Herbal Tea
- Hibiscus tea is full of antioxidants, which protect the body against cell damaging free radicals, that have been linked to be the cause of diseases like cancer, heart disease, arthritis, Alzheimer’s, and other illnesses
- This tea is known to regulate blood pressure, reduce high cholesterol and strengthen the immune system. Hibiscus tea is a great aid to lose weight. It is rich in vitamins. Place the dried flowers (petals) into a teapot. Pour the boiling water into the teapot. Leave to stand for ten minutes, covered. Strain tea to remove flower petals. Sweeten with honey.
Benefits Of Honeybush Herbal Tea
- Honey bush tea is rich in antioxidants.
- It has anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor and antiviral properties. Honey bush tea contains vitamin C, potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, copper, zinc, manganese, sodium.
- It lowers blood sugar and reduces cholesterol levels.
- Drinking this tea strengthens the immune system and protects you from flu.
- Honey bush tea prevents fat accumulation and is good for weight loss. This tea is also used by nursing mothers to increase milk production. Place a few leaves in a cup. Add boiling water. Cover. Leave to stand for ten minutes. Strain and sweeten with honey.
This tea has such a lovely mint taste.
- Mint tea is used to treat digestive problems.
- It is good for relieving nausea, heartburn and nervous tension. It contains vitamin B, Vitamin C, vitamin A and folic acid, as well as minerals, like calcium, potassium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, and zinc.
- This tea has a refreshing taste, which help to increase brain function. It is used to treat sinuses, prevent flu, and is an aid for losing weight.
- Mint tea strengthens your immune system. Place mint leaves in cup. Add boiling water. Cover. Let stand for five minutes. Strain and add honey if required.
- Parsley contains vitamin C, vitamins A, vitamin K and vitamin B12. Vitamin C and vitamin A are both powerful antioxidants, which destroy free radicals.
- Parsley contains folic acid, as well as potassium.
- Parsley is anti-inflammatory and aids in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- This tea helps to flush toxins out of the body. It assists in keeping the kidneys healthy. It also relieves menstrual pain. P
- Parsley has been used successfully as an aid for slimming. Place fresh parsley in a cup. Add boiling water and cover Allow to steep for five minutes. Remove parsley. Add honey to taste.
St Johns Wort Herbal Tea
- St Johns Wort Tea is anti inflammatory, anti bacterial and anti viral.
- It may be used for preventing heart palpitations, insomnia and depression. Place a teaspoon of dried St. Johns wort in a cup. Add hot water. Steep the tea for ten minutes. Strain and add honey to sweeten.
Lose Weight with Oolong Tea
- Oolong is a semi-fermented tea.
- This tea promotes fat burning, which will help you to lose weight. To lose weight drink two cups a day.
- Oolong tea has a fruity flavor and is a pleasant tea.
- It is rich in antioxidants and contains vitamins and minerals such as A, B, C, E and K and folic acid. As well as calcium, potassium, manganese, copper, selenium and carotene.
University of Maryland Medical Center
Dr Kevin Jones Research Scientist
Sept 2009 at University of Cincinnati
© 2016 Anita Hasch