Abdominal Exercises - How to Get a Six Pack
Strengthen Abdominal Core Muscles with Diet
Are you looking for the best workout to get a six pack? If so, you need to start thinking about your diet. The things you eat play a big role in the way you look, therefore in order to get six pack abs you should learn what to eat to get a six pack.
If you want to look like the models that grace the covers of fitness magazines, learn how to get rid of belly fat first. Knowing what to eat to lose belly fat is the first step to success.
How to Lose belly Fat Quickly
Use the following weight loss tips to banish fat before practicing ab workouts:
- Eat small, nutritious meals six times a day.
- Figure out your calorie intake by eating 13 calories per pound of body weight.
- Increase your protein intake by consuming high protein foods, such as chicken breast, tofu and lean beef.
- Boost energy levels by consuming high carbohydrate foods, such as low-fat crackers, potatoes, pasta and dried fruit.
- Eat healthy sources of fat, such as flax seed, olive oil and fish.
Once you get the diet right you can discover how to get a six pack by doing abdominal exercises on a weekly basis.
5 Effective Ab Exercises to Get Six Pack Abs
When you combine a healthy, balanced diet with an abdominal exercises routine you can expect to see results quickly. Be sure to consult your doctor before attempting any of the following ab workouts:
- Exercise Ball Crunch - Lie on an exercise ball with your lower back touching the ball. Place your hands behind your head or fold them across your chest and lift your torso away from the ball. Keep the ball firmly in place while doing so and lower yourself back onto the ball.
- Long Arm Crunch - This is one of the most effective ab workouts. Lie on the floor and stretch your arms behind your head, while lifting yourself forward to target the ab muscles. Introduce weights if you want to challenge yourself.
- Vertical Leg Crunch - Target your obliques with these ab workouts. Lie flat on the floor and stretch your legs into the air while crossing the knees. Support your head with your hands and contract the abdominal muscles by lifting your back off the floor. Keep your legs in a fixed position when doing this.
- Butt-Ups - Begin this exercise by doing a 'push-up' position. Arch your back and raise your glutes while squeezing the abs. Exhale when you reach a high bridge position and lower yourself to the beginning position, before repeating.
- Reverse Crunch - The rectus abdominis is targeted with the reverse crunch. Place your hands on the floor or behind your head while lying on the floor. Position your knees toward your chest at a 90-degree angle and straighten your legs.
Each exercise should be repeated for 1-3 sets with at least 12 repetitions.
Other Ab Workouts for Quick Results
There are many other ways of getting a six pack with exercise. You can learn how to get a six pack at home with the following abdominal exercises:
- Ab roller exercises
- Cardio workouts
- Leg lifts
- Static holds
- Sit ups
Warnings for Ab Workouts
Unless you prepare for abdominal exercises you may pull muscles. Use the following tips to steer clear of problems when losing belly fat and gaining muscle:
- Complete a warm-up session before exercising and stretch muscles to cool down after workouts.
- Maintain a steady eating routine to keep your metabolism at a good pace.
- Eat plenty of fiber to promote a healthy digestive system, but avoid eating too much as this may have a laxative effect.
- Know your limits and if you feel uncomfortable, have a break.
- Drink plenty of water to keep the body hydrated when exercising.
- Don't deprive yourself of treats! Certain high-calorie foods can actually boost the metabolism when eaten in moderation.