- Men's Health & Wellness
Aloe Vera: Effective Solution For Hair Loss?
For several years scientists have been working to find a cure to Androgenic Alopecia, a condition that causes one’s hair to fall out and lead to baldness. The most common type of hair loss in humans is known as male pattern baldness, where the hairline above the temples of the male head or even the crown itself recedes. With today’s research on the condition, scientists have been able to come up with several different methods to treat Androgenic Alopecia. One of these methods is a hair transplant surgery, where they take the hair follicles from the back and/or sides of your scalp and places them in the spots where the hair is thin or bald. Although this method is a guaranteed permanent solution, some people are uncomfortable with this and seek an alternative, more natural method. Out of all the products that have been experimented with, the one that surprises people the most is none other than Aloe Vera.
Aloe Vera is a herb that is found in regions with an arid climate such as northern Africa. Known as medicinal aloe, aloe vera is commonly used to treat different kinds of conditions. The most popular use for aloe vera is treating sunburn. The reason for the use of aloe vera is the different sources of vitamins and minerals that are contained within the plant. Aloe Vera is known to be rich in:
- Folic Acid
- Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, C, and E
Aloe Vera is also known to contain several different enzymes, one of these being a beneficial factor in stimulating new hair growth. This enzyme helps balance out the pH levels in your scalp and helps the hair contain water.
Aloe Vera contains anti-inflammatory properties that come in help when fighting Androgenic Alopecia, but if aloe vera is so beneficial for hair growth then why doesn’t everyone use it? Sadly aloe vera is non-clinically proven as an effective way to fight hair loss. Even with this setback, there are still people and even companies out there that believe aloe vera can turn the tide against hair loss. Although it has yet to be clinically proven as a way to fight hair loss, aloe vera is still beneficial to your hair in several different ways. In fact, many different shampoo brands have included mixes of their shampoos with aloe vera. If you were to go to your local store or beauty shop, chances are you can find several of these shampoos up for sale.
So how is one to use aloe vera effectively for fighting against hair loss? As stated before there are shampoos out on the market that contain aloe vera in them, and all you would have to do is shampoo and condition like normally. You can also go out and buy the gels or even the aloe vera plant itself. For the gel of the aloe vera:
- Massage the gel into your scalp where you are experiencing hair loss right before you go to bed and leave it in overnight. Wash it out in the shower once you wake up.
- If you don’t want to leave the aloe vera in overnight, you can do it when you are awake and wash it out when needed to. However, the aloe vera is more beneficial the longer you leave it in.
- You can also mix the gel of the aloe vera into your own shampoos, just take the normal amount of shampoo that you use during your shower and mix it together with a little bit of aloe vera in a bowl, then shampoo and condition like normally.
- Aloe Vera can also be mixed with other products that are beneficial to the hair, such as oils and even coconut milk!
Try aloe vera yourself and see the different benefits it has for your hair!