Bring It: P90X Day 74
P90X, created by Tony Horton, is an extreme workout that will bust you into shape. Based off the concept of muscle confusion, this workout consists of 12 differrent DVDs ranging for weight lifting to plyometrics, to kickboxing to yoga. This is not an easy workout... hence the X in the name... which stands for extreme.
This is my own personal journey. I wanted to know if this was a workout effective on the average, normal person. While I am crazier than most, I do still consider myself average and expect my results will be very similiar to those who don't make a career out of P90X.
Feel free to leave you comments below. With Christmas right around the corner it is more important now than ever before to stay motivated. I love hearing about your very own success stories, attempts or even tips. Together we can help each other!
The holidays are upon us. In fact, there is only a short 10 days until we get to annoy the rest of our family and friends we don't see on a regular basis. During this day, we will all be tempted with those holiday goodies, as well as some alcholic beverages, and naturally we will stuff ourselves like we are preparing for next year's Thanksgiving.
This time of year is dreaded because of that holiday weight gain. For me, I am hoping to avoid that this year. My reason... because with P90X not only am I doing an extreme workout, but I am also making better choices when it comes to my nutrition.
Today's workout was YogaX. Yoga to me is very relaxing... except lately it has been a little harder to be focused. I guess with the holidays around the corner my mind is still wondering around trying to remember everything I need to get done. Even so, today's workout was still a good one. The fact that yoga relaxes me makes me wonder how stressed I would be if I wasn't practicing yoga.
Relaxing to the music
Going with the whole holiday theme, one of the things I noticed is that Christmas music is also a way to relax. Granted, yoga will actually increase your flexibility, but at least Christmas music playing in the background will put you in a good mood... and hopefully the holiday spirit.
Being that I am from the midwest, I am used to having snow on the ground. This year I am living in California. That means no snow. I miss the snow and without it, I am having a really hard time getting in the Christmas spirit.
So in the spirit of relaxation... here are 10 of my favorite Christmas songs.
It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas
Alvin and the Chipmunks
I want a Hippopotamus
Nuttin for Christmas
Top 10 Favorite Christmas Songs
1. It's Beginning to Look Alot like Christmas - Who doesn't love a good old fashioned Christmas song. Bing Crosby has such a smooth voice I can't help but love the sound of any of his Christmas songs. When I am in the mood to listen to something a little older, he is usually my go to man.
2. Hula Hoop Christmas Song - Ok so maybe it is because of my age but I absolutely love Alvin and the Chipmunks. I remember when I was younger I would watch the cartoon whenever I got the chance. Yet, my favorite was listening to them sing. I loved their squeeky little voices. Who doesn't start smiling when they see these little rodents singing their tune. Of all the christmas songs, this was always the one I couldn't wait to hear on the radio each and every year!
3. I want a Hippopotamus - I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas... only a hippopotamus will do.... I want a hippopotamus for Christmas. I don't think Santa Claus will mind do you? You have to admit, this is one of those Christmas songs that just get stuck in your head. Not only is this one of my favorites, but my kids love to sing this one as well. While Shirley Temple also sang this one, my favorite version is the one done by Gayla Peevey. This one is just a fun a silly song. After all, who really would want a hippopotamus for Christmas. But what a joy and what a suprise when I open up my eyes and see a hippo hero standing there. Come on and sing it with me. You know you want to!
4. I'm Gettin' Nuttin for Christmas - This is my daughter's theme song. At least that is what I like to tell her so she behaves the last couple months. This is one of my favorites just because it is a fun one to sing. Granted, I have never heard anybody going caroling with this song, but it is still a fun song anyway. I will tell you, this song does not describe me at all! :) But it is a friendly reminder that you better start behaving so you don't end up with Nuttin for Christmas like this young child!
5. Blue Christmas sung by Elvis Presley - Most people like to tell me that I was born in the wrong year. Alot of the music I like is oldies. Elvis is one of my favorites. While I can typically listen to anything he sings, around the holidays, Blue Christmas is one of my favorites. It just goes to show that the holidays just aren't the same if you don't get to spend it with the people that you love. Since we have recently moved.... ok... so we moved last year... this year I am missing my family. I wish I could spend the holidays with them, but it isn't possible this year. For all those spending time away from their families, I know how you feel. So, enjoy the company you do have and treasure them each and every day!
All I want for Christmas
Dreaming of a White Christmas
War Is Over
6. Feliz Navidad - I remember listening to this song as a kid. I absolutely loved this because I thought it meant I was bilingual. Yes - I know now that bilingual doesn't mean I can say a couple words in spanish. However, I have to admit, when I was singing it, my accent sounded pretty good. This song is one of my favorites because it is upbeat. It really is also about bringing people of nationalities together.
7. All I Want For Christmas is You - I am sure that I am not the only one that thinks this, but for some reason when the holidays come around, I feel all lovey dovey and romantic. Of the romantic Christmas songs, the one done by Mariah Carey. Whether you like her or not, you have to admit that she has a great voice. Overall, this is just a great song. It has a fun and fast-paced beat that just makes you want to get up and start grooving. So, if you want to get up and dance... you can go ahead and join me.... cause I am already dancing!
8. I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas - Home Alone is the first thing that comes to mind when I hear this Christmas song. I love the "bum bum" beats. This is one of my husband's favorite Christmas movies so we often listen to this version of the song alot... each time we watch the movie. And each and every time we hear this song on the radio, we automatically associate it with Home Alone. So, if after you read this you pop in Home Alone I will totally understand.
9. You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch - While I have always enjoyed the Cartoon version of The Grinch during the holidays, when the movie came out staring Jim Carey, I loved it even more. I am a big Jim Carey fan anyways and adding him to this wonderful Christmas story was an instant hit for me. It just doesn't seem like Christmas without hearing this song on the radio and some point. Sure, it might be about a cranky Who - but eventually his heart grows and he learns the true meaning of Christmas.
10. War is over - I know I have said this about all of the song selections I have put on here. But this one is my absolute favorite. Sung by John Lennon and having a children's choir in the background just puts tears in my eyes. So a very merrry Christmas and a Happy New Year... let's hope it's a good one without any fear.
Merry Christmas everybody! Hope this helped get you into a little bit of the holiday spirit. With only 10 Shopping days left, the count down is on!
After saying that I have never heard of this song... I realized I just didn't know the name of the song. Thank you Lapse for pointing this one out. While I am not going to change my Top 10 list, I will definately add it in as a runner- up :)
Click here to be redirected to Day 75.