- Personal Health Information & Self-Help
Causes and prevention of painful varicose veins
Varicose veins you might be a victim, watch out
Did you know that varicose veins affect women more than men, and normally affects women at the age of 30 years and above?, many people might have varicose veins but normally dismiss them as normal lack of appropriate cosmetic ointment and go looking for good pleasant cream to apply.
What are varicose veins -? These are stretched out, prolonged, elongated, lengthened, and twisted veins with malfunctioning valves. You can check out for these features in your legs, probably you have it yet you are not aware.
Varicose veins are unsightly, ugly, nasty, unpleasant, unattractive, uncomfortable,, bulge, throb and feel very heavy.
All victims should know that the affected leg legs and feet may swell causing skin to itch. It is known that varicose veins are always seen in the back of the calves or the inside of the legs between the groin and the ankle.
Causes of varicose veins
- Being in the same position for many hours greatly expose you to varicose veins
- Varicose veins are also inherited from family and close relatives
- Being overweight added extra burden to your veins leading varicose veins
- Varicose veins are mostly caused by malfunctioning of the vein valves
- Prolonged sitting or standing causing muscle to swell
- Wearing high heel shoes
Symptoms of varicose veins
- Enlarge veins seen under the skin of your leg
- There is brownish grey discoloration on your ankle
- When you feel that your legs are heavy
- When your legs are burning inside
- Legs throbbing
- Muscles cramping
- Swelling of legs muscles
- Itching of veins
- Skin ulcers near your ankle
- Bleeding of veins if injured
Varicose veins prevention
Varicose veins can be prevented if one improves blood circulation this causes muscle tone to reduce the risks of getting varicose veins.
One is required to do a lot of exercise like walking to improve blood circulation in the veins which will tone muscle
Go to the gym to reduce weight, as it is also known that being overweight causes varicose veins, Women should avoid wearing high heel shoes
Tight clothing including inner pants should be avoided to allow free flow of blood from the legs to the heart, legs should also be elevated if possible above the heart to improve blood circulation. And finally when sitting or standing do not do it for too long as this will cause varicose veins, always change your sitting position all the time to allow ease of blood circulation from the vein.
With these tips, you are able to deal with varicose veins, but if the problem persist see your doctor at the earliest time possible to prescribe for you medication