- Alternative & Natural Medicine
Colors Meditation for stress reduction
The following meditation is designed to relax you. Read along until you know it well in your mind and soon you can find that it will become easier to do in any situation that affords you time to do this.
First place your feel firmly on the ground if the environment permits and you are , comfortable , place your hands face up on your knees.
- Start taking slow deep breaths, at least four of these until you feel relaxed
- Imagine that your feet are like the roots of a tree. Feel your feet get heavier and warmer as they connect with their roots.
- Feel yourself becoming more and more relaxed as the warmth spreads through to your legs traveling up your body until this warmth reaches your head.
- When you are totally relaxed start to visualize a color
- Visualize that this color is seeping into every pore of your body and organs, comforting, calming and soothing you.
- Know that you are safe and warm in this wondrous color.
- Next imagine this color pushing out of your body and around you..Keeping you safe, keeping you calm.
- The color can be closely around you or far away. It can be any shape you choose, a circle a triangle, rectangle or square. this color can hover over you , or spin gently around your body.
- You have now created a safety bubble of a beautiful color.
- You can sit , stand or lie in this color.
- Knowing that you are safe, you can bounce off any and all negative energy that tries to enter your bubble.
- You can then be filled, and over filled with all the positive thoughts and feelings you can contain.
- Now that you know how to create your colorful, beautiful, soothing safety bubble, you know that you can call upon it anytime you need to.
- Take a few more deep breaths and when you are ready start to bring yourself back into the room, or the task at hand.
Tools For Relaxation
It is a wonderful thing to have Tools for Relaxation. When we are in an anxious state or situation, sometimes we are not able to think about what could help us at that time.
We feel overwhelmed. You will find that this short meditation will help and even if you only have time to do parts of it, you will notice a relaxing effect. You will notice that you feel you are going towards calming, and not an acceleration of anxiety.
Let me know how it worked for you and any ideas you may have.