Fenugreek Seeds and Other Constipation Remedies
Constipation is one of the major problems that affect the large intestine (colon). Constipation leads to accumulated toxins that are not normally excreted, and this may lead to undesired effects on health. Sometimes it affects individuals of a thin health like pregnant women and children. It involves millions of people and billions of dollars. Today we will discuss remedies that are easily made in your kitchen, actually almost all of them are delicious foods and recipes.
What is Constipation and how it is dealt with
We can recognize the symptoms of constipation when the fecal material remains too long in the colon, and the defication habit is generally less than twice a day, with a varying degree of difficulty or pain accompanying passing the stools outside the body.
It may be caused by mechanical causes like obstruction or distension in the colon (and this type should receive immediate attention of a physician to diagnose the underlying cause), or the causes are physiological like inadequate fluid or fiber intake, or simply less than optimal lifestyle.
Direct acting laxatives in the drug store can become habit forming, i.e., the colon is incapable of performing its normal peristalsis without them, so they should be avoided on the long term of use. Among these laxatives are sennosides (in Senna), anthraquinones (in Aloe vera). They are many times added to the bulk forming OTC laxatives. They should be used temporarily for 2-4 days and no longer than 2 weeks Just to relieve severe constipation.
The best condition for your colon is that you build it up and reactivate its natural peristaltic action through your normal food, from your kitchen.
Remedies and Recipes for Constipation
In many cases constipation may be attributed to your lifestyle, and with fine tuning the way you eat and drink you can get rid of it, moreover, you can avoid it. Simply increasing your fluid and fiber intake would combat constipation, however you should bear in mind that all people are not created equal, try different remedies until you define the best one for you, especially when you know that there are many remedies for constipation.
You Need to Choose from These Foods and Herbs for Constipation Remedies
- Lemon - Papaya - Dates - Figs - Grapes - Rhubarb stalks - Almond oil
- Olive oil - Carrot - Honey - Yogurt - Prunes - Milk- Aloe vera Gel (fresh)
- Tasteless Fenugreek seeds : To prepare it you need to repeatedly boil the seeds until its taste is gone. Discard the boiling water
- seeds are blended with orange juice, apple juice or both, make sure the seeds are dissolved completely. Drink this blend before sleeping.
- Papaya slices after a heavy meal helps proper digestion and treat constipation almost effortlessly
- Blend 5-6 dates without their stones with a cup of milk. Drink it in the morning or in the evening. This is one of the best remedies for constipation.
- Boil 7-8 Figs in a cup of water and drink the deccoctio before going to bed. Drinking it for 4-5 nights will help resolve the problem.
- Mix 2-3 fresh figs with 2 Tablespoons of Aloe vera pure gel. Eat before going to bed or on awakening
- Blend some grapes without their seeds with a cup of milk and drink it
in the morning or before retiring
- Dissolve a Tablespoon of honey in a glass of water and drink it before going to sleep
- Mix 1 tablespoon of Honey with 1 tablespoon of Almond oil and drink before retiring
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with 1 tablespoon of Olive oil and drink them before retiring
- Put some Prunes + 3 tabespoons of Psyllium powder in a cup of water and leave overnight. Drink or eat it in the second morning
It can be mixed with Grapes, figs, dates, or fenugreek seeds, or with all of them
3 Rhubarb stalks without leaves - 1 cup of Grapes juice - 1 quart of peeled lemons - 1 tablespoon of honey
Blend all the constituents and drink a glass of this mixture twice daily
* Use only RAW Rhubarb since it is high in Oxalic acid
* Don't cook rhubarb to avoid conversion of oxalic acid into its salts
* If you have arthritis, gout, or you are you are prone to develop kidney stones, do not use rhubarb
Tasteless FENUGREEK SEEDS
You should eliminate the bitter taste of fenugreek seeds by repeated boiling until the taste is gone, the result of using it for relieving constipation deserves you do some efforts. Use it as follows:
- Eat 1 teaspoon of tasteless fenugreek seeds before going to bed
- Smash 2 fresh figs and mix them with 1 teaspoonful of pre-boiled fenugreek seeds
- Boil 4-5 Dates, discard the stones and mix them with 1 teaspoon of pre-boiled fenugreek seeds. eat the resultant paste in the morning or the evening
- Mix 1 tabespoon of Aloe vera pure gel with 1 teaspoon of pre-boiled fenugreek seeds. eat this mixture before retiring
- Mix 1 teaspoon of pre-boiled fenugreek seeds with 1/4 teaspoon of Senna leaves powder and swallow the mixture with a cup of water in the morning
A delicious recipe of honey and yogurt for constipation in the following link
Home Remedy for Constipation in Children
- Blend 1 teaspoon of pre-boiled fenugreek seeds with 2 fresh figs and 4 dates in the food processor using orange juice. The resultant produce will be a paste, dilute it with water or juice and give the child 1 tablespoon in the morning and another one in the evening.
Other Benefits of these Remedies
- Get your recommended daily intake of dietary fiber
- Softens hard stool and eliminating distressing feeling of defecation
- Lower cholesterol since many fibers are knwn to bind it and prevent its absorption into the circulation
- Regulates blood glucose due to fiber content, and many herbs that are known to lower blood glucose
- Detoxifying toxic effects that may be induced by accumulation of toxins within the colon with constipation
- Fiber and enzymes in vegetables and fruits greatly helps prevent indigestion
- A supplement that comes directly from your kitchen and prepared by you
Tips to Avoid Constipation
As we said earlier, your lifestyle may contribute to incidence of constipation, so you should consider some measures to avoid being predisposed to acquire constipation. You should get 30 grams of fibers daily, drink 8 glasses of water, and include vegetables and fruits in your diet on fixed basis
Also you may consider these tips:
- Prepare a very thick pancake of unrefined flour
- Don't forget your salad dish, make sure it contains green leafy vegetables and roots such as spinach, celery, beetroot, carrots, raddish as well as tomatoes
- Drink a glass of warm water a few minutes before toilet
- Include macrobiotic foods in your diet, e.g Yogurt