Easy Mental Visualization Technique to Stay in Good Health and Free of Disease
Creative Visualization for Good Health
Visualize Your Way to Good Health
Imagine you add just 10 to 15 minutes of mental visualization every day to multiply the benefits you have been deriving from a tripod of Nutritious Food, Good Exercises and Right Sleep on which your health depends.
If new to this subject and technique, you may ask “Is it that simple?” Yes, it is that simple and so beneficial.
Interested to know more? Then read till the end of this hub and practice the technique regularly.
How does it work?
There is constant communication going on between your mind and body. Whatever your mind imagines and believes it signals the body accordingly and the body will respond by manifesting the thoughts. So if you picture disease for yourself – you are likely to invite it. Conversely picture yourself as a healthy and happy person and you are likely to be so. It is that simple yet so very profound
It is proven beyond doubt that there is Mind – Body connection. Almost all of us have noticed the Olympic athletes closing their eyes before the actual event, doing it mentally and then going ahead. One good author on subject said that it happens twice – once in mind and second time on the physical plane.
Surround Your Body with Healing Light and Positive Energy
The real world action and mental imagery, the experts believe that one may have the same physiological experience. For example, whether you actually run up a flight of stairs or do it all in your mind withal the senses – it would have similar effect. Mental workout activates many of the same neural networks that connect the body with the brain impulses.
This is the tool which we need to tap into for getting the health benefits and staying healthy.
What is your secret of maintaining a healthy body?
The essentials elements of a good visualization
Involve all your senses.
The secret of success of visualization techniques is that it should be done with full emotional energy. Try to involve as much as possible your senses of smell, touch, taste and hearing along with imagery to ‘feel it’. In short, ‘Fake it to make it’.
Be in the scene
Your visualization should be oriented in such a way that you are an active participant or in the scene and not the spectator who is away from the point of action. So if you are visualizing yourself jogging, then your heart, muscles of the legs, breathing pattern should get the same feeling as if you have actual run a few hundred meters. Be totally engrossed in the scene and not watch the movie.
Set Specific Goals
To increase the quality of the results set specific goals which want to achieve. Visualize yourself going through the process and achieving the goals. Preferably write down your goals.
The process should be positive
If you want to stay away from consuming the empty calories sweetened carbonated drinks then visualize you getting satisfied by water rather than visualizing that you hate cold drinks.
Go through the process in detailed steps
Suppose an overall good health is your goal then imagine yourself liking your balanced diet, regular exercise and proper sleep. So you can imagine getting a glowing skin and right weight as a result of a nutritious diet, proper workout.
Include the Positive Affirmations
If you are working on some specific aspects with defined goals such as Money, Prosperity, Health, Abundance or Relationship, then it would be a good idea to repeat certain words called Affirmations. The visualization exercise and the affirmations are a great complement to each other and this would multiply the benefits.
For more details on Affirmations and how to take proper advantage of Affirmations please refer to Reasons Why Affirmations Don’t Work and Tips to Make Affirmations Work for You.
Positive AFFIRMATIONS for HEALING & HEALTH
Practice, Practice and Practice
This is not a magic trick but a real work. The skill needs to be developed and with every day it gets better. The visualization exercise should be done with full details. You should nearly take as much time in your visualization work as it would take in real time, if you want to take proper advantage.
Affirmations for WEIGHT LOSS, Weight Management, Good Food Habits
The exercise in Visualization – a general purpose technique
- Choose a quiet and peaceful place in your home, where no one will disturb you for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Sit comfortably and close your eyes.
- Make sure that the temperature is comfortable and so are your clothes ( loosen your tie or belt, if you are feeling tight)
- Take a deep breath and exhale slowly. Repeat this 3 times. This will help you relax your body and mind better.
- Now imagine a soothing silvery white or golden light are around your body and extending up to a few inches. Tell yourself that this light energizes your body and mind and acts as an immunity shield – keeping infections, diseases and all types of health problems away from you.
- If you need to work on any part of your body, say shoulder pain then visualize this light entering your shoulder, cleaning out the negativity / blockages / stuck energy (you can give it a bad color) and replacing it with good healthy and energetic cells and tissues.
- Imagine the negativity (it could be that pain or some infection you want to remove) dissolving, going down and deep into the earth.
- Feeling good and better give the whole process some time to complete successfully.
- Inhale and exhale a couple of times.
- Every time you inhale imagine that you are letting in good health, good body shape and positive thoughts. Similarly with every exhale visualize that you are expelling negativity, disease, pain etc.
- Finally, imagine yourself to be as you want to be ( as per your goal) and stay with that vision for some time with full feelings.
Affirmations to Gain CONFIDENCE & Improve SELF ESTEEM
Healing the Body, Mind & Spirit (guided meditation)
- If you do not have any specific problem, then you can omit step numbers 6, 7 and 8.
- Feel free to make changes alterations to what you want to imagine and the healing process, but the flow and spirit should not be sacrificed.
- It should be practiced twice a day – preferably just after getting up in the morning and moments before getting into sleep.
- It is good to practice this for 10 minutes each time.
- Be regular and practice every day and for at least 45 days before you expect to see some results. However, the time period for individuals may vary from individual to individual and the goal to goal. Some may longer and more sessions per day, while could happen very fast.
A Simple Exercise in Creative Visualization
Do not set very high or difficult goals in the beginning. You may start with general visualization to stay healthy and shape and then move to improve your immune system against simple ailments such as cold, acidity etc. Subsequently, as your practice improves and you begin to get results you can more confidently proceed to handle bigger problems to improve your level of health if not a total cure.
Human body is complex and not all persons can hope to get the same results. Also this is no way to suggest leaving your current medication system or line of treatment.