- Mental Health»
Graphotherapy - Change your handwriting Change your life
Change Your Handwriting - Graphotherapy
Introduction to handwriting analysis:
Interest in handwriting analysis goes back to ancient Rome. A few references from our history:
- Nero once said he distrusted a certain man at court because his handwriting showed him to be treacherous.
- In eleventh-century China, Kuo Jo I Isu said handwriting can help you tell a person who is noble-minded from one who is vulgar.
- Edgar Allan Poe was an amateur handwriting analyst.
- Gainsborough always kept a letter written by his model on his easel.
It wasn't until the end of the eighteenth century that handwriting analysis was recognized as a science. Since then its popularity has grown tremendously. Today it is used in business, psychology and* courts of law. It is widely used in police departments for identification and forgery detection.
One of the newest uses for handwriting analysis is with hypnosis. It has been discovered that when a person is made to regress hypnotically to his childhood, his handwriting reverts to that of the child.
Since handwriting is a learned subconscious habit, it is possible to change some of our disagreeable character traits by changing the way we write. By changing the structure of the letters and practicing the change until it becomes a learned subconscious habit, our personality will change accordingly.
Not only is the mind reflected in handwriting, the body is also—headaches and general ill health are easy to spot in handwriting. Signs of specific illness such as heart disease, epilepsy, tuberculosis and cancer are shown in handwriting. Medical graphology is now being studied with positive results by medical researchers.
Handwriting shows honesty and dishonesty, happiness and sadness, vitality and weakness, moods, thoughts, feelings, sexual attitudes, ego, self image, confusion, satisfaction, greed, generosity, religious attitudes, psychic awareness, and much more. There is almost nothing you cannot tell about a person by reading his handwriting.
Basis of Graphotherapy
Handwriting is a learned subconscious habit.Through repetition, it has become an automatic response reflecting our character and moods.
- A voluntary change in handwriting will be reflected in a change in personality (after the change becomes subconscious).
- The mind influences handwriting; therefore, the handwriting can influence the mind.
- It is possible to break bad habits, improve memory, increase self-esteem, alter aggressive behavior, block sensitivity to criticism, increase self-assertion and much more.
The subconscious mind is susceptible to self-suggestions. Our personality is a direct result of the suggestions we have accepted throughout our Iives. So when we voluntarily change our handwriting — through repetitious exercise — we are giving a powerful suggestion to our subconscious minds to change our personality.
Changing handwriting breaks undesirable habits or changes negative characteristics, replacing them with desirable habits.
Note: If you have knowledge of handwriting analysis follow the below method or hire a qualified handwriting analyst from the resources given below.
- Take a plain piece of paper and write, in your normal handwriting, about one-half page.
- Decide what personality trait or characteristic you would like to change, improve or alter.
- Find which strokes in your normal handwriting reflect the trait you will be working with.
- Find the handwriting characteristic sign for the trait you would like to achieve. For instance: Sensitivity to criticism is indicated by a looped T-bar. For you to become less sensitive to criticism, that loop must be eliminated.
- Find a phrase or quotation you like and write it in the new handwriting style. Write it over and over again. Practice about ten minutes a day. Strive to write the new way in all your writing — shopping lists, notes and personal letters.
If you practice faithfully, in about a month you will begin to write in the new style automatically. At the same time you will begin to feel a change in your personality. Through this basic, simple method you can become a happier, better adjusted person. Try it!