Health Benefit of Peanuts
Peanuts or groundnuts as they are often called are one of the cheapest and beneficial of all the nuts available to mankind. They are easy to grow and are available all over the world. They can be eaten in many forms like roasted, slated, and fried and are used as ingredients in many recipes all over the world. Peanut butter is very popular in west and has nearly replaced dairy butter in most countries. The plant is usually about a foot high and bears fruits. Peanuts are supposed to have originated in Mexico and other central American countries. The Spanish took a liking for this peanut and spread it to all their colonies. Now it is nearly grown all over the world. Major countries are China, India, USA, central America and African nations.
Health benefits of Peanuts:
The peanuts or groundnuts are from family of legumes so they are one of the richest sources of proteins . Their have high quotient of health benefits for human beings. Usually we all never think of benefits peanuts give us. We should use it as much as possible.
- Anti Oxidant: The peanuts are very rich source of anti oxidants and minerals which are very important to human growth and maintaining health.
- Low Cholesterol: They are rich source of Oleic acid which is very useful in lowering VLDL (bad cholesterol) and increase the good cholesterol.
- They are rich source of P- coumeric acid which help fight cancers and is anti oxidant.
- Safe pregnancy: It is rich source of Foliate. Studies have shown that the woman who take regular intake of Foliate they have less chance of complicated pregnancy and reduce the chances of complication by 70%.
- Fighting high glucose levels: They are rich source of Magnesium which not only lowers blood pressure but also can lower glucose levels in he body.
- Depression: Peanuts are very rich in essential amino acids like tryptophan . This amino acid helps in production of serotonin. This regulates the mood swing so peanuts actually fight depression too. Low levels of Tryptpphan can lead to depressions.
7. Vitamin B3: peanuts are very rich source of Vitamin B3. The vitamin B3 is associated with brain function and helps keep memory sharp.
8. Heart Disease: Studies have shown that since the peanuts are very rich source of oleic acid and mono unsaturated fats , so this humble peanuts if taken 4 to 5 times a week fights heart attack and try to keep the heart healthy.
9.Cancer Protection: Since peanuts are rich in anti oxidants and anti oxidants are supposed to fight cancer so peanut can fight cancer. Regular intake of peanuts can reduce the risk of many cancers.
10. Weight Loss: Surprise!!! Surprise!!! The research has shown that peanuts are associated with weight loss. Those people who eat peanuts two to three times a week are likely to gain less weight than those who do not eat them at all or eat seldom.
11. Gall Stones: Peanuts are shown to fight gall stones. Researches have shown that taking about an ounce of peanuts over a long period of time can reduce chances of forming gall stones.
12. Osteoporosis: Peanuts are known to delay the onset of osteoporosis.
13. Digestion: Since peanuts are rich source of vitamins and peanuts are rich in fiber too, so they help improve digestion.
Do you think you would try to eat more peanuts now?
More health hubs
- Health Benefits Of Eating Prawns
Prawns are usually found in the ocean. Usually they live up to depth of 50 meters and usually found in rocky substrate, or under the rocks or rock crevices. Prawns are usually found in all countries and nearly all the cuisines of the world lots of pr
- How To Loose Weight by Indian Chef
Dieting now days is considered bad for the body as it staves the body but doesn’t cause weight loss. Infact if a person remains hungry for long time the body goes in to famine mode that is body thinks that conditions are not favorable and there is ac
- How To Tan Skin Evenly
One of the biggest problem for most of people is that people don’t tan properly and we do have dark and light spots on the face. Since face is most exposed to the sun and those living in sub tropical or tropical countries like India , Pakistan, Bangl
- How To Reduce Cholesterol Levels
It is not easy to keep cholesterol levels down. Once cholesterol levels are up it is not easy to get them down. But now with choice of good fool we can keep cholesterol levels down. Foods to keep cholesterol levels down. Milk for low cholesterol. Goo
- Take Care Of Your Eyes
Eyes are one of the most precious gift of God. With eyes you can see not only the beauty of the world but also the beauty of your loved ones and you can read eyes of the person and know what he is thinking about you. Poets have written millions of ro
- 20 Best Aphrodisiac Foods
Definition: Oldest reference to aphrodisiac is found in Indian books. vajikarana, the Sanskrit word, defines as an aphrodisiac any substance that restores or increases sexual power and desire Since the start of civilization thousands of years ago man