Health Benefits Of Lemons
Health benefits of lemons. Its properties.
Everyone knows what a lemon is. So let’s not waste time describing it.
Lemon is rich in Vitamin C. It also contains Vitamin B, riboflavin, and minerals like calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, as well as proteins and carbohydrates. It also contains appreciable amounts of iron and calcium. Lemon also contains flavonoids which have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiviral and anti-cancer properties.
Before we go into the health benefits of lemons, let’s see how many lemons one has to take to enjoy the benefits. If you weigh less than 150 pounds (70kg), then you need only half a lemon, each time. Over that weight, you should take a whole lemon. Do this twice a day. Of course you don’t take the lemon like eating an orange. You make a drink out of the juice with water added. A standard mug will do; or just add the amount of water to your personal preference. This is for maintaining an overall healthy regime. I squeeze half a lemon, add a bit of water and a tablespoon of pure homey. This makes a refreshing drink. A lemon a day will chase any illness away!
The more important thing to remember is that there are so many health benefits of lemons. So if ever we have health problems, we may like to “consult” our friend lemon first, before heading straight to the doctor or to the pharmacist.
All the health benefits of lemons
Let’s go straight to the point. Here are the numerous health benefits of lemons in alphabetical order; cures, maintains, prevents, repels, strengthens, and what have you:
- Aging : Older people require more vitamin C.
- Arteries : Lemon juice can unblock arteries.
- Arthritis : Lemon is also a diuretic and hence can prevent arthritis.
- Asthma : A tablespoon of lemon juice one hour before each meal can relieve asthma.
- Bee sting : Use pure lemon juice to relieve pain.
- Bleeding : Place a slice of lemon on cut to stop bleeding.
- Blood purifier : Flushes out body toxins.
- Burns : Lemon as a cooling agent, it reduces the burning sensation on the skin.
- Cholera : Lemon juice acts as a blood purifier.
- Cleaning agent : Lemon juice can remove stains. Acts as a natural antiseptic, destroys harmful bacteria.
- Constipation : Drink lemon juice with warm water in the morning, as it aids the digestive system and enables elimination of waste products from the body easier.
- Corn : Lemon juice can dissolve lumps on the skin. A slice of lemon bound over a corn overnight will greatly relieve the pain.
- Dental : Lemon juice applied on the area of toothache relieves the pain. Lemon juice on gums can stop gum bleeding.
- Depression : A glass of lemon juice with cold water will pep you up.
- Diabetes : Prevents diabetes.
- Fever and flu : Lemon juice helps to break fever by increasing perspiration.
- Foot cleanse : Lemon is an aromatic and antiseptic agent.
- Gall stones : Drinking of lemon juice with olive oil helps to get rid of gall stones.
- Hair care : Lemon juice applied on the scalp. Treats dandruff, falling hair and other related problems. Lemon juice applied on hair gives the hair a natural shine.
- Heartburn : A teaspoon of lemon juice in half a glass of water relieves heartburn.
- Hemorrhage : Lemon juice diluted in water and taken as cold as possible will stop it.
- High blood pressure : Lemon juice can control high blood pressure.
- Heart problem : Lemon juice has high potassium content.
- Immune system : Lemon juice strengthens the immune system.
- Indigestion : Drink lemon juice with warm water.
- Insect repellant : Repels mosquitoes, flies and other insects.
- Kidney cleanse : Lemon juice prevents formation of crystals.
- Liver complaint : Take lemon juice with warm water one hour before breakfast every morning. Lemon juice acts as a liver tonic. More bile is produced to aid digestion of food.
- Malaria : Lemon juice acts as a blood purifier.
- Menstruation problem : In excessive menstruation the juice of three to four lemons a day will help check it. Best to take the juice of one lemon at a time in a glass of cold water.
- Nausea : Drink lemon juice with hot water.
- Nose bleed : Wet small cotton bud with lemon juice and insert into nose to stop nose bleeding.
- Obesity : Best to drink lemon juice and honey with warm water.
- Pus formation : Put a slice of lemon over a felon (pus formation on a finger joint) will bring the pus to the surface where it can be easily removed.
- Rheumatism : One or two ounces of lemon juice diluted in water taken three times a day: one hour before meals and at bedtime.
- Respiratory disorder : Lemon juice will ease breathing.
- Scurvy : One to two ounces of lemon juice diluted with water every two to four hours.
- Skincare : Acts as antiseptic lotion. For skin problems, especially acne and eczema, apply lemon juice directly to skin and allow to dry. Then wash with water and add olive oil. Good also for removal of blackheads, freckles and wrinkles. Bring out the glow in your face. Acts as anti-aging agent.
- Sore throat : Gargle lemon juice with salt in warm water.
- Stomach cleanse : Use lemon juice as a general stomach cleanse.
- Stress, strain and fatigue : Stress disorders demand increased intake of vitamin C. Lemon juice is a good source of Vitamin C. It is found that some fifty common disorders are attributed to stress and strain.
Easy Way To Use Lemon
All of us know how to squeeze a lemon for its juice. Then we discard the pulp and skin. There is a better way to consume lemon with nothing going to waste. Instead of discarding the pulp and skin, freeze them in the freezer. Then grate them with a grater and add them to your salad, ice cream, sandwishes or whatever you have or fancy. This will enhance the aroma and taste of whatever you are eating. In addition, you get to consume the most nutritious part of the lemon, that is the skin and rind. You can also keep a whole lemon in the freezer and grate it as and when you want to. That is what I do.
Benefits of Lemons : A word of Caution
As for all things natural, it may or may not work for certain people. From my personal experience, natural treatment may not work for everyone, for some strange reasons. Maybe it has something to do with our different mix of body constitutions. However there is no harm giving yourself a chance to heal the natural way. If it doesn’t work then of course you should seek professional medical help immediately.
The information provided in this article is sourced from the internet, from friends and contacts, and from personal experience. As I cautioned in my article, not every remedy will work on everyone. So is conventional medical treatment. It very much depends on the constituents of the person and the conditions peculiar to that person. Whatever the reasons, this article does not claim the information provided is totally accurate and reliable and will cure everyone. The purpose of this article is merely to inform visitors that there are alternative cures for all ailments.
You are therefore advised to consult your registered medical physicians as a matter of due diligence.
Link to my other interesting and beneficial articles
If you find this article interesting or beneficial, you may go to my "Profile" page to read my other articles by simply CLICKHERE:
By the way, the copyright to this article is owned by Good Guy. Please do not “copy and paste”! Thank you.