Helful ways on how to avoid gallstones
Helpful ways to avoid gallstones by taking care of our bodies
With our health care in virtual kaos. Not enogh beds in our hospitals, Not enough trained specialists, doctors and nursing staff, we need to do everything in our power to prevent our bodies suffering wherever we can.
Therefore whatever prevention of any ailment is always better than the cure. In order to avoid suffering the agony of gallstones you need to start eating better and looking after your health by exercising more.
Gallstones, what are they?
Your gallbladder collects bile from the liver to the intestine through bile ducts. A stone grows as the bile fluid washes over it. And Gallstones are the small pebbles that form inside your gallbladder.
Small stones will not necessarily cause any discomfort, unless they become caught in the narrow outlet of the gallbladder. Problems that are more serious arise if a larger one cannot pass through to the intestines. If this happens, it causes a blockage of bile in the gallbladder or liver. The bacteria blocked fluid can cause a serious infection, which can lead to an inflammation of the pancreas.
They believe that more women suffer from gallstones than men, because of the excess estrogen with pregnancy. It could be from the result of birth control pills, which increases the cholesterol levels in bile and decreases the movement in the gallbladder. Family heredity records show that gallstones could run through their family. If an overweight person, then you are more at risk especially in the case of a woman. Diets high in fat and low in fiber can increase the risk.
Tips on Avoiding Gallstones
- 1 Overweight people should avoid crash or rapid weight reduction diets.
- 2 Reduce your fat intake. Our bodies still need some fat but do not overdo it.
- 3 Eat a low fat, low cholesterol high fiber diet and avoid intake of high sugar food.
- 4 Men and women should drink one or two cups of coffee each day, tests show it reduces the risk of gallstones forming by 40%.
- 5 Tests show that omega-3 fatty acids, found in salmon, may help prevent gallstones and Vitamin C is very important.
- 6 Eat loads of fresh vegetables and fruit. Grow your own vegetables then you know they are free of any nasty chemicals.
- 7 Avoid white flour and rice. Eat more multi grain bread and brown rice.
- 8 Try a liver and gallbladder cleanse.
- 9 Drink 2-3 liters of fresh water every day to flush out your system.
If you maintain a well-balanced and healthy diet, by eating fresh fruit and vegetables every day you will live a healthier life. Then by exercising regularly, you could live until you are ninety, free of gallstones although of course there is no guarantee. We all need to try and provent these type of illnesses.
Grandma's Helpful Tips
She would reccommend this to help with Gallstones - avoid eating fatty or oily food as these will aggrivate them.
- try drinking a equal part mixture of olive oil and lemon
- take cod liver oil and apples
- Drink Chamomile or dandelion tea
- drink radish juice or whole radishes daily
- the men drank home made rum or whisky. (lucky them)