Tummy Weight Loss: How to Flatten Stomach After Giving Birth
Lose weight after pregnancy and tone up your stomach muscles
The one thing that bothers women the most after giving birth is the looks of their stomach. Many women are so occupied with their babies that they hardly even manage to do some basic things, such as taking shower or washing their hair. But practicing after birth exercise – no way! And, every time they take a look in the mirror they ask the same question.
“Why does my stomach still look like I’m five months pregnant?”
Yes, it takes time to lose weight after pregnancy and get your body into good shape. Your stomach grew for nine months, so it needs another nine months to go away and to look just like it looked before pregnancy. But, why wait so long. If it really bothers you, there are some things you can do, to get your body in shape, especially your stomach after giving birth.
The two things you need to do, to tone up your stomach after giving birth and make it look relatively flat and nice looking are:
- Loose stomach fat, so it doesn’t look like you’re still pregnant.
- Tone up stomach muscles to make it look flat and attractive.
How to flatten stomach - getting rid of stomach fat
During pregnancy and breastfeeding, a lot of fat has accumulated around the belly area. It’s a natural thing and every woman is going through the same changes. Besides your belly, your pelvis also changed its shape, so first you need to is accept that your body has changed forever and that some part of it will not look the same any more. But, it still doesn’t mean that you cannot do something to make it look nice and attractive again.
Being a mother is a full time job. No time to take a break, thinking how you look like. The whole day is basically breastfeeding or bottle feeding, rocking and sleeping. How do you find time for yourself and your body?
The key is to use every day regular activities to lose weight after pregnancy. Don’t look for some special activities, because, face it, there is no free time during the day just for yourself. So, the best thing is to use some activities you are doing any way, to tone up your stomach after giving birth.
So, how soon can you exercise after giving birth? Before your start thinking about how to flatten stomach, or get your complete body in shape, give yourself some time to adjust to new way of living. Don’t think of anything, but your baby for the first three or four months.
But, when your baby reaches four months, it is time to start doing something for you. Help from grandmas or a closest relative is more than welcomed.
Four things you can do to tone up stomach and make it look smaller:
- The first thing you need is moving, moving and moving. This shouldn’t be a hard thing to do, because being with a child requires a lot of moving. Moving around the house and doing some regular things, such as dishes, laundry, baby rocking and carrying will move your complete body and fat will start melting away.
- Whenever you can, take a walk with your child. This is a great thing which doesn’t require any additional time. Go out at the time your baby usually gets tired and falls asleep. Walk around with your baby in the strollers. Or carry your baby in a sling. Whatever makes you more comfortable. Try to do this two or three times a day. Walk for an hour every time. Yes, it sounds a lot, but by the time you make a lap or two, the hour will pass by, especially if the weather is nice and sunny.
- Breastfeeding makes you fit. Women who are breastfeeding usually get in the shape sooner than the women who are not. During breastfeeding, oxytocin is secreted, which causes the uterus to shrink. Besides that, breastfeeding spends your calories; it is physically exhausting, even though women are not aware of that. If you are breastfeeding, continue doing that, it should definitely help you tone up stomach after giving birth and shrink it.
- Eat healthy, but don’t go on a diet. You don’t need any diet yet, especially if you are breastfeeding. Taking care of the baby all day long requires lot of energy and you have to be strong enough to handle it properly. And, the quality of your milk depends on how healthy your diet is. But, what you can do is avoid eating late. Stop eating sweets and desserts in the evening and you’ll be surprised how that will affect on your stomach.
- How to Have Attractive Breasts after Breastfeeding
When you stop breastfeeding, the time comes when you may do something for your breasts to make them look nice and attractive again. Here is what you can do...
- Preventing Stretch Marks during Pregnancy, the Use of the 3 Best Organic Oils
Many women are wondering how to prevent stratch marks during pregnancy. One way to do it is to use organic oils for massage. Preventing stretch marks during pregnancy is easy and efficient this way...
How to flatten stomach - tone up stomach muscles
Now this is the hardest part, because it requires some exercise and some time for you after all. If you practiced some exercise during pregnancy, it won’t be such a terrible thing to continue with exercise after pregnancy.
But, unfortunately, the reality is this
- You probably don’t have time to practice exercise after pregnancy every other day during the day when you’re alone with your child.
- You are too tired to go to the gym in the afternoon or in the evening, and besides you want to be with your partner and your child needs you the most at the end of the day.
- Joining the aerobics group is also not a very good idea, because it is not recommended if you are breastfeeding. No woman is in the mood to jump at the end of the day after “jumping” the rest of the day in your home.
So, what is left? What can you do to include some exercise in your daily routine and yet not feel even more tired?
Here is some practical advice how to tone up your stomach muscles:
- Include your child in the process of exercising. You won’t have to reserve the time only for your self (because, let’s face it, you don’t have it) and you will be spending time with your baby. A lot of books offer the exercise you can practice together with your child. Some of them are done outside, so not only you will be toning your muscles, but your child will enjoy too.
- If you are not fond or classic exercise, dance with your child. Your child will be close to you, you will hold it in your hands and together you’ll move in a pleasant rhythm. Depending on your taste, you can dance listening to Latin music, such as salsa or you can even choose rock. Everything is ok, as long as you and your child enjoy it.
- Use swimming to get into shape. The best thing ever for toning your complete body, including your stomach is swimming. Some people just don’t like it, but this is the one of the best sports for mothers. Your complete body is moving. You can tone up beautifully your legs and stomach muscles. If you have the possibility to go on a vacation during summer and swim in the sea or the ocean it will do wonders for your stomach. Even if the water is cold, be persistent, don’t give up. Your partner can take care of your child while you’re in the water. Swim 30 minutes two times a day.
Once you tone up stomach to the level you like, it shouldn’t be very hard to keep it that way. You will continue moving, so it will be very hard for a new fat to stick around. When you find the ways how to flatten stomach that suits you the most, you will enjoy those activities, because they will allow you to have nice and attractive stomach after giving birth again.
It takes only little effort, but the results are huge!