Preventing Stretch Marks during Pregnancy, the Use of the 3 Best Organic Oils
What are stretch marks?
Many women are concerned about how they will look after they give birth. Gaining weight is less problems, but dealing with stretch marks is another story. Women who are prone to stretch marks from previous experiences or already have them from the puberty have bigger chances to get pregnancy stretch marks. Or don’t they?
Stretch marks appear after sudden weight gain (for example during pregnancy) or rapid growth. They can also happen as a consequence of taking some hormones. When skin is not elastic enough and is stretched beyond its limits, there is a big chance it will break, leaving red scars on it. Those scars are stretch marks and they tend to fade over time.
Generally stretch marks can happen in both men and women in any period of life. But, pregnancy stretch marks are maybe the most common one.
How to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy
There are several ways for preventing stretch marks during pregnancy. One of them is proper diet, which can make the skin healthier and more elastic. The other thing is the use of cosmetic products to nourish the skin from the outside. Since it is very important which cosmetic products are used throughout pregnancy, the best and the safest way is to use organic oils.
There are several parts of woman’s body that are prone to stretch marks appearance: stomach, breasts, buttocks and even legs. If you decide to use cosmetic products every day or twice a day, be sure to read the label, as some products can be harmful for the fetus.
Female fetuses are less sensitive to certain ingredients that are used for personal care. But, male fetuses on the other side are more sensitive to ingredients in most care products, such as parabens, phthalates and SLS. Some researches have shown that parabens and phthalates, often found in deodorants, nail polishes, body lotions, facial moisturizes, soaps and shampoos can cause reproductive defects in developing male fetus. Those assumptions are not completely proven yet, but considering how many couples are fighting with infertility these days, it is worth putting some effort in choosing the right care products during pregnancy.
- How to Have Attractive Breasts after Breastfeeding
When you stop breastfeeding, the time comes when you may do something for your breasts to make them look nice and attractive again. Here is what you can do...
- How to Flatten Stomach After Giving Birth
Fine out how to flatten stomach after giving birth without hard exercise. Here are some simple advice on how to tone up stomach muscles and lose weight after pregnancy.
The use of organic oils in preventing stretch marks during pregnancy
Organic oils are the healthiest choice when it comes to deciding upon taking care about your body during pregnancy. They are natural, have very nice, light smell and most of them are not fatty at all. They can be found in many stores which keep bio products or healthy food and natural cosmetics.
When using organic oils for massage the skin looks nicer and healthier. Massage derives the circulation and the skin becomes more elastic. Organic oils can be used for the whole body; only small amount per one massage is enough.
How to perform massage with organic oils while pregnant
Massaging a body with organic oils during pregnancy is easy. Even if you are working woman, the non fatty oils will allow you to perform a massage after the morning shower, put some clothes on and go to work. There is really no such thing as disadvantages compared to classic products, you can only benefit from using organic oils.
The massage can be performed one or twice a day. During the first trimester, once a day will be enough, because the weight gain is minimal and the skin is not stretching so much. But, during the second and the third trimester is advisable to use organic oils twice a day.
The best time is after morning and evening shower. Skin is clean and the pores are opened, which allows the skin to absorb the ingredients better.
- Use clean towel to dry the skin.
- Place yourself into position that suits you the best, both standing or lying positions are fine.
- Start massaging your body from head to legs.
- Put small amount of the oil in the palm and massage your breasts first.
- Massage in circular directions, covering the whole breast one after another.
- Massage the stomach also in circular directions, paying attention on the lower part of the stomach, as it will suffer the biggest stretching
- Be very gentle while massaging the stomach and don’t spend too much time on the area.
- Move to buttocks and if needed legs.
- If you feel to fatty, use paper tower to absorb the excessive fat.
- Get dressed.
Dr. Hauschka Organic Blackthorn Oil
The use of 3 organic oils for massage
Blackthorn oil is commonly used during pregnancy to prevent pregnancy stretch marks. Blackthorn is a bush, which blossoms in the spring. The fruit matures during summer, but the harvest is not possible before the next spring. This long lived flower gives special extract which is very nourishing for the skin.
The main characteristics of organic blackthorn oil are following:
- The blackthorn oil has very pleasant smell.
- The blackthorn oil is not too fatty, which means you can get dressed almost immediately after performing the massage.
- Blackthorn helps tone the skin and makes it more elastic.
- Blackthorn oil is great in strengthening the skin naturally, which makes it less prone to breaking.
- The ingredients of this oil are particularly rich for the skin due to the specific lifespan of blackthorn bush.
Melvita Organic Rose Hip Oil
Rose hip oil
Rose hip oil is very helpful in preventing stretch marks during and after the pregnancy. Not only it helps fight the stretch marks, it also helps reduce other scars and changes on the skin, such as hyper pigmentation and surgical scars.
Rose hip is also a bush, which gives little red fruits from summer to autumn. Rose hip oil is extracted from the fruit, which is rich with vitamin C, essential fatty acids and antioxidants
Rose hip oil features are as follows:
- Due to its specific ingredients, rose hip oil is absorbed almost immediately.
- Rose hip oil brings moisture to the skin, making it look fresh and hydrated.
- Skin is toned up and looks younger and healthier.
- The oil is not fatty, which means you can dress up right after the massage.
- Vitamin C and essential fatty acids help the process of skin regeneration and proper cell formation.
- All ingredients found in rose hip oil make the skin more elastic and soft, which decreases the chances of stretch marks appearance during pregnancy.
Organic Almond Oil
Almond oil is a classic. It is known for a very long time that almond oil makes the skin softer and nicer. Many women use almond oil for massage and preventing stretch marks during pregnancy, because it is natural and not very expensive.
Minor disadvantage is that it is quite fatty and one needs to remove excessive fat before dressing up. It also has to be stored in a dark and cold place and used within certain period of time, because due to its natural texture, it can go bad easily.
This is why almond oil can be used in the evening before going to bed, and blackthorn or rose hip oil can be used in the morning. Almond oil is suitable for any skin type, regardless of the reason for use. But, people having nut allergies should be careful and consult a doctor before using almond oil for massage.
Benefits of almond oil:
- Almond oil makes the skin softer and healthier.
- Almond oil helps cure the dry skin and skin rashes.
- This oil nourishes the skin deeply, which is important in preventing stretch marks.
- Helps in skin irritation and inflammatory processes
- Almond oil is very similar to natural oils from our skin, this is why the skin tolerates it very good.
- Natural Childbirth: How to Decrease the Fear of Birt...
Almost every pregnant woman is facing the birth fear at some stage of her pregnancy. This is perfectly normal. The top 2 reasons why women feel fear of giving birth are: Unknown situation. If...
- Breathing and Relaxation Techniques During Birth
Natural Pain Relief During Natural Birth If you have decided to have natural birth than you know that breathing and relaxation techniques are very useful as a natural pain relief during natural birth. ...
- Benefits of Alternative Medicine during Natural Birt...
If you have decided to have natural birth and looking for a natural pain relief, you might consider alternative medicine. Three alternative medicine techniques mostly used as a natural pain relief during...
- How Bioenergy Gave Me Painless Natural Birth
If you want to have shorter and less painful birth, consider bioenergy as a natural pain relief. This is my story how I gave birth to my daughter and how bioenergy hepled me go through natural birth.
- Home Birth versus Hospital Birth vs Birth Center
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of hospital birth, giving birth at home and birthing centers.
- Breastfeeding Problems And How To Breastfeed Success...
Learn how you can solve your breastfeeding problems easily. Follow those simple tips and you will breastfeed successfully.